Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 PM

9 posts, read 27,860 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. We are looking to move either to Yardley,wc area or williamsburg,va. We are moving from Colorado and are very environmentally conscious. If one looks at the stats of bucks county, it rates very poorly regarding air and water quality. I would love to hear input on these issues. Also, since we have kids, what is the best school district for elementary and middle school. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,703,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basye View Post
Hi everyone. We are looking to move either to Yardley,wc area or williamsburg,va. We are moving from Colorado and are very environmentally conscious. If one looks at the stats of bucks county, it rates very poorly regarding air and water quality. I would love to hear input on these issues. Also, since we have kids, what is the best school district for elementary and middle school. Thanks in advance.
The water and air quality are good, I don't know where you heard this. My parents live in bucks county and I've never heard of poor air or water quality. Yardley, PA is quite an awesome place. It is a quaint, quiet town with a really nice borough. It is also about 40 minutes from Center City Philadelphia and there is also a regional rail (SEPTA) stop in Yardley Borough. The school district in the area is Pennsbury School District. It is one of the best. They also have the best prom in nation. There is also plenty of catholic schools and private schools if public schools aren't your thing.

P.S. best kept secret of the area is New Hope, PA which is only about 15 minutes from Yardley. You won't regret a trip to New Hope, especially during the summer.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:33 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,590,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
P.S. best kept secret of the area is New Hope, PA which is only about 15 minutes from Yardley. You won't regret a trip to New Hope, especially during the summer.
Based on the crowds, I don't think New Hope is a secret.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,173,971 times
What is the "wc area"? Would you be referring to West Chester, PA?

Where will the breadwinner/s be working? What is your preferred housing budget?

I'd recommend the general Virginia forum (or maybe the Hampton Roads sub-forum) for questions about Williamsburg.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Thanks, Summersm343. I was looking at the stats and also the epa sourcewatch. Tone 509, I was referring wc to washington crossing. My husband is the bread winner and he will be commuting to Easton, Pa. We prefer the Bucks County area because of the schools. We are also familiar with it since we lived there in the early 90's. My main concern other than the pollution is the congestion. When we lived there in the early 90's(New Hope), it was already crowded, especially on the weekends. I appreciate all of your inputs and I will definately put it in consideration. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Yac; 11-17-2020 at 01:07 AM..

Old 02-26-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Summersm343. I was looking at the stats and also the epa sourcewatch. Tone 509, I was referring wc to washington crossing. My husband is the bread winner and he will be commuting to Easton, Pa. We prefer the Bucks County area because of the schools. We are also familiar with it since we lived there in the early 90's. My main concern other than the pollution is the congestion. When we lived there in the early 90's(New Hope), it was already crowded, especially on the weekends. I appreciate all of your inputs and I will definately put it in consideration. Thanks everyone!
Washington's Crossing would be the least congested in the area. The area is also really nice. Yardley and Washington's Crossing border each other, so you won't see much of a difference in the two areas, except Washington's Crossing has much more wealthy people living in it.

And yes newmarlig, New Hope is well known, but only to people local to the area. Most outsiders don't know about it

Last edited by Yac; 11-17-2020 at 01:07 AM..

Old 02-26-2012, 09:30 PM

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I will look into it.
No problem. Also, depending where you live in Washington's Crossing, be it the South end or the North end, depends what school district your kids will go to. The South End will be Pennsbury and the North End will be Council Rock. Council Rock is the best public school district around but Pennsbury is close second. They are both some of the best schools in the Philadelphia Metro area.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:03 PM

43 posts, read 77,860 times
Went to Council Rock and even those kids do not like it is still a rock solid school!!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 PM

692 posts, read 2,352,183 times
Another great place if you want things to be spread out and less congested is Buckingham and the surrounding areas such as Upper Makefield (which also encompasses Washington Crossing), as well as Pineville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia