Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 12:01 PM

268 posts, read 371,886 times

Advertisements

Ok, had a great time in Philly last week (as I've noted on the forum). We're already planning next year's visit and I'm wondering if anyone has any input on hotels in either Queen Village or Northern Liberties? We're trying to get a look at different neighborhoods. For comparison, our trip last week, we stayed at the Alexander Inn in Wash Sq. West and really liked the hotel and the neighborhood.

I've googled hotels for both neighborhoods, but all I get back are the cluster of hotels up around Chestnut and 6th, that area. That's not really what I'm looking for. I've stayed there before. It was fine, but I'm interested in trying a new area.

So, any ideas, or are there truly no places to stay in NL or QV? If not, anyone care to recommend another neighborhood that might have a similar feel to Wash West? Funky, diverse, etc?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 01:26 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,783,902 times
If I recall correctly you had a cap on what to spend. I would recommend the Rittenhouse neighborhood but most of the hotels there are pretty expensive. I have heard that the Embassy Suites @18th and the Parkway( across from the Four seasons) in the museum district sometimes has bargains. Then you could explore Fairmount anf Logan Circle and of course some of the museums.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:41 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,423,675 times
Off the top of my head, I can't think of any hotels in Northern Liberties. You may have better luck in Queen Village. (See "where to stay/nearby accommodations" for each of these neighborhoods.)

Northern Liberties - Philadelphia Neighborhoods — visitphilly.com

Queen Village - Philadelphia Neighborhoods — visitphilly.com

Old 09-17-2013, 06:07 AM

Thanks. I've been digging, and I'm not finding much. For those neighborhoods, they suggest staying in the general area where we just came from.

That's fine with me, as we loved it. I was just hoping to see a couple of different areas easily. Wife has some health issues that make longer walks difficult, so we usually look for hotels that are smack-dab in the middle of whatever we want to see, so we can do a lot of walking without impacting her so much.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:47 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,946,875 times
Not sure there are really any hotel options in either NoLibs or QV - I would suggest staying maybe down closer to Ind Mall and walking into QV (only 10 minutes) and taking the El to No Libs

Even in CC proper (closer to Rittenhouse) you are not that far away either walking or PT to NoLibs

Old 09-17-2013, 07:39 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,265,606 times
I looked at your first thread. It's not clear whether you made it west of Broad to visit the Rittenhouse/Fitler area. If not, that should certainly be on your list. Lots of hotels there, as well. That said, they will be more expensive than the Alexander Inn, which is a real deal.

In addition to Queen Village and Northern Liberties, it's worthwhile to explore University City. The Penn campus is nice and the area around is really bustling with activity. It is easy to get to on the Market Frankford subway line.

Enjoy your next visit.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:28 AM

We were thinking of University City, we drove through there coming in (and going out) and liked it.

We got a bit west of Broad, but not too far. I can walk all day, and I really enjoy it (best way to see a neighborhood), but the wife...not so much.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,590,767 times
You may want to look into the Hop on Hop off Buses.

Historical Double Decker Hop On Hop Off Tour in Philadelphia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia