Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 AM

10 posts, read 38,878 times

Advertisements

I've been searching for apartments for a while and I think I may have found my new home, but I want to get some perspective from any current residents or anyone that lived there before (or anyone in the area). I'm looking at the apartments at the Piazza in Northern Liberties (specifically Erbe and Navona) and wondering about the management company, security, neighbors, etc.

Specifically...
Has anyone had any issues/complaints (or good things that happened) with the management company (I think it's Tower Development)?
I've walked around during the day and it feels safe, but what about when the sun goes down?
The events that happen at the Piazza (concerts etc) - are you happy with being right there for events or does it get crowed/loud and you wish you lived away from it?

I guess the stats about me would also be helpful...I'm 27 years old, male, single, IT professional, work in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM

8,701 posts, read 14,706,631 times
The Piazza at Schmidts is quite an amazing place, in fact the neighborhood it is in (Northern Liberties or NoLibs) is an amazing place as well. The area is very safe and always active. There is a lot to do around there and when the sun goes down the night life is pretty active, almost as active as Old City. There are a lot of bars in the area and an awesome bowling alley. There is also a great venue in the area called Cescaphe. Fishtown, which is right next to NoLibs is also a great neighborhood. Other neighborhoods around it are also starting to transform into great neighborhoods (Olde Kensignton, Spring Arts and Callowhill). I am in the area a lot and have many friends who live in the area. You should fit right in and you'll enjoy the area a lot. The neighborhood is a new neighborhood so there are still empty lots here and there, but a ton is being built in the area. A new Superfresh grocery store was just built on Girard.

-The company is Tower Investments, owned by Bart Blatstein. He is pretty much a legend in the Philadelphia area as far as development goes. His company practically built the entire neighborhood of Northern Liberties from the ground up and are currently heavily invested in development on North Broad Street. They are a pretty amazing company as far as I know and never heard of anyone having any problems with them.

Hope this helps

Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 PM

Thanks summers, I appreciate your input

Still looking for input from anyone that lives or lived there...

Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 AM

87 posts, read 104,515 times
What's the price range for apartments there?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITinCC View Post
What's the price range for apartments there?
It depends on what you're looking for in terms of style and bedrooms. The apartments on Liberty Walk just across the street are a little cheaper (I think they were in the $1200-1500 range, forgot if 1 or 2 bedroom) than the Erbe and Navona that are right on the Piazza (about $1600-2000 for two bedroom). They also have several other properties in Northern Liberties, but I didn't check them out.

Also if Fios is important, they have TV/Internet at the Navona and only Internet at the Erbe (at least some/most units), and neither at Liberty Walk

Old 08-19-2013, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 6,727 times
I realize that this post is probably too late, but hopefully it will help others who are considering living at the Piazza. While all of the events, happenings, and restaurants are phenomenal, the management company is the worst. The Piazza is no longer owned by Tower Development. It is currently being managed by Westminster who is apart of Kushner companies as far as I can tell. I have problems with Tower for never paving the parking lot in the 2 years that I lived at the Piazza. For $300 a year for an extra parking spot, over selling the lot (meaning if you didn't get home early - no parking for you), as well as what I paid in rent - I would expect a GUARANTEED parking spot as well as a paved lot where I didn't have to dodge mud puddles for 7 months a year. Besides that the company has erroneously accused me of not paying rent, not paying utilities, sent me notices about late rent that are for my neighbors (talk about no privacy!) AND have not refunded my security deposit. No one returns calls, no one wants to admit they are working for a corrupt company. Boycott this apartment. Live somewhere else in NoLibs that won't cause you such trouble.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,303,157 times
I belong to the swim club next door. A lot of the members live at the Piazza and are very happy with it. There were some incidents of drug dealing and even a murder a few years back, but nothing lately.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,859,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I belong to the swim club next door. A lot of the members live at the Piazza and are very happy with it. There were some incidents of drug dealing and even a murder a few years back, but nothing lately.
A friend of mine lives on the floor where the drug dealer was murdered. He's not exactly worried about it. It's an extremely rare occurrence. There's a doorman to provide building security, but I just grunted and walked past him, so he doesn't exactly provide much.

But it's a nice place with a nice location. Mike was kind enough to post some pictures of the Brooklyn Flea Market, which is centered around the Piazza: http://www.city-data.com/forum/30998001-post223.html

Old 08-20-2013, 10:44 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,655,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm123 View Post
A friend of mine lives on the floor where the drug dealer was murdered. He's not exactly worried about it. It's an extremely rare occurrence. There's a doorman to provide building security, but I just grunted and walked past him, so he doesn't exactly provide much.

But it's a nice place with a nice location. Mike was kind enough to post some pictures of the Brooklyn Flea Market, which is centered around the Piazza: http://www.city-data.com/forum/30998001-post223.html
Whoa weird, so I guess Brownstoner gave up on the Philly expansion of their website, but then instead expanded their flea market to Philly?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:02 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,859,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
Whoa weird, so I guess Brownstoner gave up on the Philly expansion of their website, but then instead expanded their flea market to Philly?
It appears so. I'm guessing that they've basically divorced those interests.

They're expanding their flea market to DC in a month. I'm not sure if it's permanent or not (it says six weeks).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia