Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 05:05 PM

743 posts, read 766,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I remember working on the pre-tape of the high school sports show the week that that went down. The sports guy did not report everything that Kobe felt a need to shoot his mouth off about out of respect for Joe Bryant & his wife.
Kobe gets his charm from his racist father, Joe ... He's unlikable and arrogant. I don't care one iota about his basketball skills.
Kobe is not, and never has been 'Philly.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
BS. It's just a photo op just like Bradley Cooper wearing Eagles gear. Means absolutely nothing.
Bradley Cooper's a lifelong Eagles fan.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
He disrespected his parents, publicly, when he graduated from high school & joined the Lakers. He also took shots at Philadelphia, the 6ers, etc. He never once acknowledged how his father took him to work & the 6ers players tutored him. You can feel sorry for him, if you want. I don't.
What do you mean by "... he graduated from high school and & joined the Lakers"? I thought he was drafted by Charlotte at number 13 and was then traded to the Lakers?

Old 12-02-2015, 06:39 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinish View Post
What do you mean by "... he graduated from high school and & joined the Lakers"? I thought he was drafted by Charlotte at number 13 and was then traded to the Lakers?
You thought wrong. His parents wanted him to go to college. The Lakers sent a scout out behind his parents' backs & when he turned 18 they approached him directly. He signed with the Lakers.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:24 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:
Kobe gets his charm from his racist father, Joe ... He's unlikable and arrogant. I don't care one iota about his basketball skills.
Kobe is not, and never has been 'Philly.'
Added arrogance comes from him having gone to Lower Merion HS. I went to Haverford Twp HS and we despised Lower Merion. That sentiment is probably still true today.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:31 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:
Bradley Cooper's a lifelong Eagles fan.
So he claims. When we see him at the Linc regularly rather than some celeb related thing like Wimbledon, where he will get photographed, then I'll believe you.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:47 AM

Quote:
You thought wrong. His parents wanted him to go to college. The Lakers sent a scout out behind his parents' backs & when he turned 18 they approached him directly. He signed with the Lakers.
No, you're wrong. Charlotte drafted him, then traded him (they needed a center and he didn't want to play for them, anyway) ... A player can't just sign with whoever they want. Charlotte could have traded him anywhere, it just happened to be to the Lakers.
His parents wanting him to attend college is irrelevant.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
So he claims. When we see him at the Linc regularly rather than some celeb related thing like Wimbledon, where he will get photographed, then I'll believe you.
I'm sure he has more important things to do (like working) than attending every Eagles game ... Be envious.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Added arrogance comes from him having gone to Lower Merion HS. I went to Haverford Twp HS and we despised Lower Merion. That sentiment is probably still true today.
I can see where Lower Merion High people would feel the same about Haverford Township High.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:15 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
Quote:
No, you're wrong. Charlotte drafted him, then traded him (they needed a center and he didn't want to play for them, anyway) ... A player can't just sign with whoever they want. Charlotte could have traded him anywhere, it just happened to be to the Lakers.
His parents wanting him to attend college is irrelevant.
According to Wikipedia, Kobe was indeed drafted by Charlotte and immediately traded to the Lakers where he's played his entire career.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant
Quote:
The son of former NBA player Joe Bryant, Kobe Bryant enjoyed a successful high school basketball career at Lower Merion High School in Pennsylvania, where he was recognized as the top high school basketball player in the country. He declared his eligibility for the NBA draft upon graduation, and was selected with the 13th overall pick in the 1996 NBA draft by the Charlotte Hornets, then traded to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Quote:
He entered the NBA directly from high school, and has played for the Lakers his entire career, winning five NBA championships.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia