Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 62,364 times

Advertisements

Okay, I’m from North Carolina and I’ll be here in PA for the next 2 months. My car inspection for NC ran out yesterday, while I’m in PA I’d like to go ahead and get the inspection out of the way. I KNOW repair garages are capable of performing out of state inspections (I checked with Penn Dot) but when I call a lot of them act stuck on stupid like they don’t know what I’m talking about.

Can anyone recommend a garage in the Philadelphia or Delaware County area that you know for a fact performs out of state inspections?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 11:52 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,860,299 times
You can't get an NC inspection in PA. You need to drive to NC to do it.

However, the PPA cannot ticket you for being parked in Philly with an expired NC inspection sticker, only for expired tags. They can only ticket PA cars for expired stickers. They will probably do it anyway, but you can appeal it by mail and win.

Not sure if cops who pull you over can ticket you for the expired NC inspection, but Philly cops usually don't give a crap anyway.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 62,200 times
I have that same problem. Im trying to get my car inspection its has nc tags. Theres no garage in philly that can do it is there any body,?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:13 AM

518 posts, read 1,052,629 times
Just moved here from NC too. I wouldn't worry about it. I've forgotten for months while living in NC myself and never got ticketed. They usually let you off the hook anyway if you show up in court with a new inspection (in NC of course). I don't think out of state cops bother or care for out of state resident inspections.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:46 AM

192 posts, read 436,120 times
Agree with above posters - don't bother until you get back to NC. My car was registered in NY for nearly a year in Philly (with expired NYS inspection), and never got ticketed

Old 07-15-2010, 09:21 AM

35 posts, read 144,002 times
I was pulled over last week with Louisiana plates/stickers and a louisiana inspection tag on my windshield that expired in June. Nothing was said or written about either PA inspection or the recently-expired LA one.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 61,287 times
Default tickets

I had expired inspection from another state and got multiple (expensive) tickets in Philadelphia when parked in center city the first few months I moved here before registering my car-the court did not excuse or throw them out. ??l?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM

42 posts, read 124,452 times
My friend whose father was a Philly cop said that they'll only ticket you for expired tags, not out of state inpection stickers. You only can be ticketed for expired PA inspection stickers. Also, you can't get a PA inspection if you don't have a PA license, valid PA auto insurance card and a valid PA registration card although you don't have to show your PA license when getting your car inspected at a local garage.

Paul

Old 04-14-2016, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 39,065 times
Default Inspection question???

I have a question? I purchased a car in PA from a dealer. It was inspected there. I live in NJ. The tags are Jersey and I registered the car in NJ but the inspection sticker is still PA? Is this allowed as long as it's not expired or should I get the car inspected in Jersey? Please help me. I'm so confused!!! 

Old 04-15-2016, 07:14 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybubby0626 View Post
I have a question? I purchased a car in PA from a dealer. It was inspected there. I live in NJ. The tags are Jersey and I registered the car in NJ but the inspection sticker is still PA? Is this allowed as long as it's not expired or should I get the car inspected in Jersey? Please help me. I'm so confused!!! 
You live in NJ, registered your car in NJ. Yes, you need to have your car re-inspected in NJ. There is no reciprocity for car inspections.

We bought a car from NJ that had a recent inspection. We registered it in PA (where we live), insured it here and had it re-inspected in Pennsylvania.

And really, your question is better asked here instead of asking on a PA bulletin board - my guess is the NJ motor vehicle people know more about NJ car inspection laws than we do:

New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
P.O. Box 160
Trenton, NJ 08666
(609) 292-6500

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia