Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2017, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 526 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

First time posting here; thanks in advance for your time.

Three apartment towers are currently being built by Walnut Realty Group ([url]https://www.zillow.com/b/1522-W-Girard-Ave-Philadelphia-PA/39.97145,-75.162227_ll/[/url]).

One of their towers was supposed to be ready for move-in by 7/1 (per leasing agreement), but on 6/29 they said "Due to a delay on PECO's end, they are scheduled to provide electric service to your unit between July 6th and July 12th. Until then, you will not be able to stay in the unit overnight."

Construction manager said that all the remaining appliances will be installed on 7/3 and that we can move our furniture in and just wait for electricity to work out.

Yesterday (7/10), some of the appliances like AC, gas range, and washer/dryer weren't there and one of the workers said it won't be ready next Saturday (7/15) either. And the whole site has gravels, dirt, and construction planks (as walkways) so it's nearly impossible to move furniture in. Not to mention construction workers are active during the day.

I called PECO today as well and they said they have no projects currently on that street (one of the workers said PECO is putting transformers in for this apartment complex). The management group has been shady (e.g. lease initially said no pets allowed even though it was advertised as a pet-friendly apartment and rent payment information was wrong; they're both corrected). They even promised a free month rent with the 12-month lease, and that's supposed to be the month of July (we're not getting a month value). Garage (signed up for a parking spot) is nowhere close to being done.

Can I get out of this leasing agreement and get the security deposit back since they breached the agreement (i.e. move-in date)?

Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 09:47 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,520,181 times
Sounds like you deserve two free months of rent. Ironically I had a similar thing happen to me at a new apartment building in Francisville two years ago. Though that was because the city inspector hadn't come through yet and it was only a single days delay. I feel for you that sucks big time. I'm sure the trolley construction messed schedules up too. That area has been a construction zone for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia