Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
YES! 25 40.32%
NO! 37 59.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:56 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times

Advertisements

He should be bagging groceries down at the local "Piggly Wiggly." With electroshock treatments once a week to see how it feels. Even that doesn't seem like enough. I can't even stand listening to what he did on the news without crying. It's Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 11:40 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,937,966 times
No. Vick should be playing for the Redskins.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:11 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Playing professional football on a national stage is not just any job -- you're very much in the public eye akin to being a celebrity. When you're representing a high profile sports franchise, you can absolutely guarantee that any crime -- especially a really abhorrent one (we're not exactly talking about marijuana possession here) -- is going to reflect on you ten-fold more than any other civilian, non-high profile profession. Is that entirely fair? Maybe not, but that's the risk that a person has made when entering that profession, and the same principle is true for any politician, celebrity or professional sports player. As a result, I think this decision reflects terribly on the Eagles as well as the entire NFL.

I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me on this; it's simply my opinion on the situation.
I agree with you 100%. More scrutiny and being held to a higher standard comes with the territory of being paid millions of dollars to play a game. If they don't like it, McDonald's is always hiring.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:47 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I agree with you 100%. More scrutiny and being held to a higher standard comes with the territory of being paid millions of dollars to play a game. If they don't like it, McDonald's is always hiring.
He is not even worthy of picking up garbage for minimum wage!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:23 PM

604 posts, read 2,011,569 times
That is very "astute" statement there Blondie!... Would that have anything to do with you being white, would it? ... Moreover, would you be on the bandwagon when the Eagles go to the Super bowl or would you be moping in your igloo.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armx View Post
That is very "astute" statement there Blondie!... Would that have anything to do with you being white, would it? ... Moreover, would you be on the bandwagon when the Eagles go to the Super bowl or would you be moping in your igloo.
Any sport that uses thugs to make them money I ignore as will many others in the future now. Especially after sick vick was hired back to do whatever he cannot do best as I have read! The NFL has been going down the tubes for many years to come now.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:05 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,236 times
No. This just makes it easier for the next football player who breaks the law to rejoin his fellow NFL "role models".

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
No. This just makes it easier for the next football player who breaks the law to rejoin his fellow NFL "role models".
Exactly, now the other NFL wanna be thugs can fight dogs and make thousands on their offtime at it, or shoot someone, etc. whatever the felony, do a 2 year jail sentence etc., make a phoney baloney speech about how remorseful they are to the general public and then go back to the, "full of thug NFL" again making millions!
Does this make any sense? What kind of society are we living in and what examples are being set for our children who are involved in any kind of sports?
Seems a little demented to me.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 PM

218 posts, read 755,772 times
ok Philly, let's get serious now, this hasn't been mentioned and I do NOT want to make ANOTHER convick thread! So all the athletes hear it -- (see the yankees thirdbaseman for a good example) and it is a part of sports spectatorship ------

What chants will convick be treated to? and what creative signs will grace the stadiums? NOTE #unfortunately "Ron Mexico" is outdated and pales in comparison anyways
Bonds had: Ruth did it on beer and hot dogs and * among other unprintable things.
ARod -- well enough said.
Fans chanted E-A-G-LES @ phils games when the phils stunk.

Somebody should make a poll with convick chants which he can be showered with to show your , um, affection.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,250,798 times
im realizing this is a class issue

what people hate about Vick is that hes a millionaire who wwas involved in this

people cant avoid talking about his riches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia