Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, which ever personality/user you are posting on behalf of the combonation of calling parenting a job as Dan described and the arguments of what an employable job is or isn't is full of fail. What a bizarre style of arguing you have.
I am posting on behalf of myself, myself and only myself. The bizzare style comes ONLY from the person who is claiming that I made a claim I never made.... and is adamantly refusing to retract this falsehood because being wrong is so constitutuanlly something they can not bring themselves to admit to (hint: its you).

Once again! In post #133 you made a claim about me which was false. Can you either quote support of this claim,or retract it? You might want to consider rethinking your strategy here.

Quote:
Not only is it disrespectdul to speak for others
Projection again. I have never spoken for others. I have REFERRED to what others have said. And there is nothing wrong with that. The only one "speaking for others" here is you as you insert words and points into my mouth I never said or made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 02:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
If you're only speaking for yourself then I don't see why you felt it necessary to tell me what you think another poster is saying. But, now you're saying that you didn't do that even though I quoted it. Okaaay. Whatever you say.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
If you're only speaking for yourself then I don't see why you felt it necessary to tell me what you think another poster is saying.
Because that is how PUBLIC discussion forums work. We discuss what we want to say, and what other people have said. If you do not like this format then I recommend a blog format, or the private messaging system.

Quote:
But, now you're saying that you didn't do that even though I quoted it.
More of your misrepresentation.

I am not saying I did not do THAT. I never once said I did not do THAT. Anywhere. Quote me making such a denial.

What I am saying is that _I_ never once expressed the opinion that parenting is a "job". Not once. Anywhere. Yet not only have you claimed I have done so.... you have adamantly refused to retract the lie too.

So now there are TWO things you have inserted into my mouth, that I have never said, that I am waiting for you to support with a quote or retract. Care to dig your hole any deeper?

Old 08-13-2014, 04:39 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Because that is how PUBLIC discussion forums work. We discuss what we want to say, and what other people have said. If you do not like this format then I recommend a blog format, or the private messaging system.

More of your misrepresentation.

I am not saying I did not do THAT. I never once said I did not do THAT. Anywhere. Quote me making such a denial.

What I am saying is that _I_ never once expressed the opinion that parenting is a "job". Not once. Anywhere. Yet not only have you claimed I have done so.... you have adamantly refused to retract the lie too.

So now there are TWO things you have inserted into my mouth, that I have never said, that I am waiting for you to support with a quote or retract. Care to dig your hole any deeper?
It's good to know that neither you, or anyone else in this thread really, thinks parenting is job (as defined by Dan lol). Too bad it took so long to get to that point! Glad it's straightened out. Now, try to step back, calm down, and breathe.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:02 AM

Another throw away line, making up things about me that are not true, to avoid replying to anything I say. More of your "projection" where you admonish others for things only you are doing.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's been going on for some time now -- and yet you still see women today wearing silly high heels that put them at risk of a ankle fracture, and women still seeming to love shopping for hours. I don't know why. I also see women still not changing their own tires or doing any maintenance on their cars like changing the oil. I still see girls screaming over spiders and acting frilly.
Well, I work in a typically male field in which women are becoming more common. I see women fixing engines, building robots, catching monkfish and sticking their hands down their throats, doing math and enjoying it, and yes, sometimes killing spiders.

When I teach, I see my female students carrying equipment, getting dirty, and refusing to be the one "recording data".

So maybe it is just the company you keep.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:54 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Nunya View Post
My opinion is that men & women are not "equal" physically or mentally. We are different. And instead of trying to turn women into men, we should embrace our differences & roles those entail. Mind you, I am not saying we shouldn't be treated equally in the eyes of the law or anything like that.. We should. However, this "career woman" crap has helped raise the divorce rate & American women are turning into radical feminist nutjobs.

Men & women were meant to have families, men are hardwired to be the provider & the woman is hardwired to be the nurturers of the children & have natural nesting instincts.

Stop trying to ruin everything with your quest to deny reality!
Nonsense disproven easily with any number of individuals of each gender who do not do what you considered, "hardwired".

Women have proven over and over again they are capable of providing, additionally, as one of the women who are in the first generation of women to be allowed to choose whether to stay home, to work, or ::gasp:: both!!, the reality is for many women, they would RATHER work than stay home. The exact same way, the new revolution is allowing men to choose what best suits their personalities. And for more and more men, their personal preference is to stay home with the kids. And many of them are brilliant at it.

So just because something is your "reality" doesn't make it anyone else's let alone making it everyone else's.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:01 AM

^ Good stuff to hear. It supports my feeling that the archaic concepts of gender roles are all but entirely eroded. There are still a few people clinging to the past posting around here how different men and women are. Lovesmountains is a good example of such a user. But the reality outside their clinging to history is that aside from a few biological differences related to reproduction.... there simply is no difference of any noteworthiness between the sexes.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:51 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
And the same goes along with little boys who want to dress in pink and play with barbies is 100% ok in my opinion. Society should be more open minded and NOT stuck in the past with the previous 'traditional' way of living.

What are your thoughts/opinions?

I personally am NOT for throwing away traditions as regarding distinctions between the sexes (genders for you p.c. types). These days our society wants to throw away all distinctions between everything and "level the playing field" so to speak (a favorite radical p.c. term). Yes, let's put little boys in dresses and little girls in jeans. No, I vote against raising a child to behave/dress traditionally like the opposite sex. The sexes ARE different. And to some saying "different" means to them (the ones that LOVE to twist your words) unequal. If they want to do it when they become adults, that's their thing. And no, don't start in with the "Oh you're for repressing people and not allowing them to become their true selves etc, etc, etc.. It's just foolishness in my opinion.....

Old 08-15-2014, 01:09 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Lynnwood View Post
In this ever changing world of equality and fairness boy's and girl's should be raised equally.
A women no longer has the same responsibility's as she did compared to her ancestors. Cooking and cleaning is no longer a necessity for the modern day strong and independent woman of today. She has an equal chance of competing and THRIVING in what was once thought of as a 'mans world'.

If little girls are interested in building, tools, and cars that was once only thought for boys instead of the traditional baby dolls/ tea sets then so be it. Empower your girl and let her become successful in life. independent and free of a man in her adult life for her own personal conquest to make it on top in the corporate ladder. Take a look at this interesting product geared towards children(girls)...

Girl Power Toy Ad - YouTube

And the same goes along with little boys who want to dress in pink and play with barbies is 100% ok in my opinion. Society should be more open minded and NOT stuck in the past with the previous 'traditional' way of living.

What are your thoughts/opinions?
Wow Doctor. Just wondering if you have any kids of your own?

I have 5 sons and a daughter. Our little girl is our last born. She was raised in a home where we had plenty of boy toys. Still, although she does love to play with lego's she still thrives in a pink world of dolls, dishes, and a play kitchen in her room. She also wants to be an RN and loves to care for her many dolls and stuffed animals. Just the other day we were at Build a Bear where she had to get a Wheel chair for her many patients. When she started school my youngest son wanted to know why she had so many shoes, her answer was "Because I am a girl". I say that because normally the boys end up with tennis shoes and a pair of shoes for church.

As far as the boys the only playing that they have ever wanted to do with dolls was to torment their sister when she was younger, maybe blow up a doll as they played army or something. Pink is not a color I would want my boys in and like me none of them have gravitated to that color. None of them have wanted to wear anything like what our daughter wears.

As far as the traditional ways of living, well I see how things have changed in this nation and I wish we could move the clock back 5 or 6 decades. We have taken women off the pedestal that they belong in and brought them down to the dirt where us boys live. That is one of the worse things that can happen to our society. I have seen modern culture and it is not as appealing as you make it out to be. We need to teach our kids the value of being a man or woman and let them know that they are important just the way God created them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy