Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 08:12 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Genes are transferred via bacteria, viruses or fungi. Laymen should stay away from scientific discussions...you only confuse yourself.
Bacteria just pick things up and move things around and transfer things, because it is in their Nature. Nice idea! Any other attributes you would like to attribute to bacteria which are basically ....what? Dead chemicals?? Or is it just humans that are dead chemicals? Or is everything dead chemicals being moved around by their Creator, Nature? Or are some things dead chemicals and other things alive.

I like the scientist's description of what is going on: it is Nature's way of creating things.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:28 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Bacteria just pick things up and move things around and transfer things, because it is in their Nature. Nice idea! Any other attributes you would like to attribute to bacteria which are basically ....what? Dead chemicals?? Or is it just humans that are dead chemicals? Or is everything dead chemicals being moved around by their Creator, Nature? Or are some things dead chemicals and other things alive.

I like the scientist's description of what is going on: it is Nature's way of creating things.
I know you continue to be confused at what you find on the internet to read.

It's clear by how you posted that we "now have jumping genes".

It's 75 year old news to the scientists who work in the field of genetics.

I know that laymen and creationists have the inability to connect the dots in science, which is what keeps you dumbfounded when you discover old scientific knowledge that you think is new.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:49 PM

Overlapping epigenetic mechanisms have evolved in eukaryotic cells to silence the expression and mobility of transposable elements (TEs). Owing to their ability to recruit the silencing machinery, TEs have served as building blocks for epigenetic phenomena, both at the level of single genes and across larger chromosomal regions.

richrf: Why do you think these epigenetic mechanisms evolved in eukaryotic cells?

Old 09-19-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I know you continue to be confused at what you find on the internet to read.

It's clear by how you posted that we "now have jumping genes".

It's 75 year old news to the scientists who work in the field of genetics.

I know that laymen and creationists have the inability to connect the dots in science, which is what keeps you dumbfounded when you discover old scientific knowledge that you think is new.
You see it is scientists that are confused. They just can't figure out what the Creator is so it just jumps round like Gene. First it's all chemicals. Then it's Gene. Then it's bacteria. Then it's Nature. Now you see it, now you don't. You just have to play the game try to pick the thimble under which the Creator is hiding. Skipping and sliding. First here then there.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Overlapping epigenetic mechanisms have evolved in eukaryotic cells to silence the expression and mobility of transposable elements (TEs). Owing to their ability to recruit the silencing machinery, TEs have served as building blocks for epigenetic phenomena, both at the level of single genes and across larger chromosomal regions.

richrf: Why do you think these epigenetic mechanisms evolved in eukaryotic cells?
Huh? Dead chemicals evolving? Explain the trick.☺ Hiding behind big words is just a magicians way of sleight of hand. Tell me, exactly what is moving on its own volition and organizing itself. Use big words if you wish. Just tell me under which thimble it is hiding. Somewhere that little Creator is hiding. Or is it just in its Nature? Or is it Nature's Way. Let's play, let's find the Creator!

Or we can play the game differently. We have a bunch of dead chemicals that are in a state of entropy. You can take it from there.☺

Old 09-19-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
You see it is scientists that are confused. They just can't figure out what the Creator is so it just jumps round like Gene. First it's all chemicals. Then it's Gene. Then it's bacteria. Then it's Nature. Now you see it, now you don't. Yet to pick the thimble under which the Creator is hiding.
Not one scientist has made the claims you are making. Only a confused layman makes such claims.

Second time asking: richrf: Why do you think these epigenetic mechanisms evolved in eukaryotic cells?

Old 09-19-2015, 09:27 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:

Chemicals are neither alive nor dead.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:30 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
Huh? Dead chemicals evolving? Explain the trick.☺ Hiding behind big words is just a magicians way of sleight of hand. Tell me, exactly what is moving on its own volition and organizing itself. Use big words if you wish. Just tell me under which thimble it is hiding. Somewhere that little Creator is hiding. Or is it just in its Nature? Or is it Nature's Way. Let's play, let's find the Creator!
Chemicals react and bond according to the laws of nature. They need no direct outside influence to do this.

If you would like to imagine that those laws were instead made by a creator, no one cares. But a creator is not necessary. Unless, you think every time some one drops a pen it was god pushing it down to the earths surface. Do you think the pencil falling requires Gods direct intervention?

Old 09-19-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Chemicals are neither alive nor dead.
I see. Are humans just chemicals? This should be interesting.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Not one scientist has made the claims you are making. Only a confused layman makes such claims.

Second time asking: richrf: Why do you think these epigenetic mechanisms evolved in eukaryotic cells?
I believe it was the dear scientist who is quoted as saying it is Nature's way of creating. So for the third time I'm asking, exactly what is doing the Creating? Got it!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy