Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:51 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,903 times

Advertisements

If you have to define life, how would you define it? What is life? What's the purpose of life? A lot of people say, life sucks, life is too hard, life is a disater, what does all of these statement really mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 02:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Well, who cares what others say? Really.

Define what is and what is the purpose of life
...you don't ask for much!

To escape the dream and go back Home...rise above and be 'outside' the illusion...
as Jesus was or did.
Recognize there was never any separation....thus, the Kingdom of Heaven is right now...or 'at hand' as Jesus said over and over
and over when he left the wilderness after 40 days of fasting....
someone to listen to!!
If that was the most imp thing he came out with!

Now, to realize how it is done...what is the 'key'.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, who cares what others say? Really.

Define what is and what is the purpose of life
...you don't ask for much!

To escape the dream and go back Home...rise above and be 'outside' the illusion...
as Jesus was or did.
Recognize there was never any separation....thus, the Kingdom of Heaven is right now...or 'at hand' as Jesus said over and over
and over when he left the wilderness after 40 days of fasting....
someone to listen to!!
If that was the most imp thing he came out with!

Now, to realize how it is done...what is the 'key'.
Wow, thank you for replying. Are you stalking my post? Haha! I'm sure to be happy to have some stalking my post. Anyway, I appreciate your feedback.

In order to escape from the dream, we have to first know we are in the dream, and how do you know if you are in the dream or not. Sometime we don't even know if we are living in the real world or in the dream, and the only differencw between a dream and reality is the duration of continuation.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
I wonder if you would like "The Disappearance of the Universe" by Gary Renard.
You'd get more on the dream idea...I was shown at 8....again at 24...
this IS a dream...made of dream stuff!
So it was good to be reminded and to find out why it is a dream...
and how to get 'out'.
Yes, I follow worthwhile topics!

Old 02-16-2015, 06:13 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
The purpose of life was to find God, identify and use your gifts and talents, and enjoy life.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:49 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Life is awesome. The purpose, as I see it, is to cultivate your strengths and interests, do good things, treat others well and cherish your family and friends.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:30 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Only during its existence on the physical plane of the physical world, aka physical universe, a Conscious Self may learn and, thus, develop and progress back to the Realm of Permanence. This is meaning of life. As you know it.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I wonder if you would like "The Disappearance of the Universe" by Gary Renard.
You'd get more on the dream idea...I was shown at 8....again at 24...
this IS a dream...made of dream stuff!
So it was good to be reminded and to find out why it is a dream...
and how to get 'out'.
Yes, I follow worthwhile topics!
That's very nice of you saying this. Again, second book on the list to be read in the future. Also, thanks for the reference, I'm sure I will enjoy reading the book.

In relate to the dream, that would be another topic about dream and reality.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Life is awesome. The purpose, as I see it, is to cultivate your strengths and interests, do good things, treat others well and cherish your family and friends.
I like your responses because that just sound so right, but when you really think about it, does it? Let's assume it is the right thing to do in life, but when you are done with that, what's next? Are you going to do the same thing? If so, does that mean we just live in a loop of a circle with endless of repeating the same thing over and over again until the moment we stop breathing?

Old 02-16-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Only during its existence on the physical plane of the physical world, aka physical universe, a Conscious Self may learn and, thus, develop and progress back to the Realm of Permanence. This is meaning of life. As you know it.
wow, that's kind of complicated. If possible, can you briefly explain it with some example if possible so everyone can have an image of what it is like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy