Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2018, 07:40 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,401,908 times

Advertisements

Popsophia is the philosophy of the common man who formulates his opinion, when nite incoming, according to the elaboration of hearsay, a common phrase inside the bar/pub is .. I heard that ... it is obvious that state of awareness is completely distorted incapable of combining every minimal function of the thinking ego. In the myth of the cave Plato explains how ordinary man believes in the game of shadows as a true and absolute reality, nothing can convince him about the opposite, we are living the modern era but nothing has changed, the modern man, he continues to live a fake reality full of fake news.
To you reader
yes my postulates are very complex I do not expect great answers but I am ready to appreciate every intention of good will, every anti thesis produced by the elaboration of any form of independent intellect will be valid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 07:26 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,305,353 times
I like to think that the "common man" has the intellect to form his OWN opinions.
Popsophia may be common, but I don't consider it true philosophy at all.
Thankfully we are not all "ordinary" men.

I agree that most modern men live and believe in " a fake reality full of fake news".

Old 10-15-2018, 07:11 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,221,386 times
How did you decide which team to root for in the Superbowl? Are your reasons any more valid for favoring a certain public policy or political leaning?

It's all just confirmation bias, doubled and re-doubled.

How did you decide about capital punishment? Do you have empirical evidence, or does it all come down to your own personal compassionate or vindictive nature?

Old 11-13-2018, 12:43 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,401,908 times
I think your reference to the mass games is not random, in fact the multitude needs massive events.. as Heraclitus said, 1 worth 10,000 it is a truth that has existed since the dawn of time..get a soccer team and you will win the next political election day in Italy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy