Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 10:39 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Most of your question/problems could be solved by a better awareness.
- Have a talk with your teenager kids about sex, STD, pregnancy prevention, responsibilities etc
- There is no "accidental" pregnancy just stupid, irresponsible people.
- If you are not ready to commit, practice safe sex.
- if you are dating and having sex, you should discuss having or not having kids with your partner, preventative measures and it is your BOTH responsibility to make sure an "accidental" pregnancy doesn't happen.
- if YOU don't want to have kids, make sure that YOU won't make any woman pregnant. Snip-snip is your option.
Don't count with OTHER people being responsible. Make sure YOU are.
What's stupid about a woman being raped and getting pregnant by her rapist? A 10 year old being raped by an uncle and she ends up pregnant by him? An ectopic pregnancy? None of these are stupid. These are real life situations that happen to women every day in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 01:07 AM

61,723 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
What's stupid about a woman being raped and getting pregnant by her rapist? A 10 year old being raped by an uncle and she ends up pregnant by him? An ectopic pregnancy? None of these are stupid. These are real life situations that happen to women every day in this country.
Rape or ectopic pregnancy, or any pregnancy that should be terminated for medical reasons aren't "accidental".
That's not what I meant.
With "accidental" I meant: ooops, I forgot to take a pill, ooops I don't like to wear condom, ooops I didn't know I can get pregnant from one time sex and other ooopses.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:31 AM

60 posts, read 21,234 times
Women have not lost any rights. Abortion has not been made illegal in America. A woman can still travel to a state where abortion is legal or, if she plans on using abortion as birth control, maybe move there for the sake of convenience.

For men, there is only one consideration. If you don't want to make a baby, don't do what you know damn well could make a baby.

It seems like at least half of this country has lost control of its genitals. Sad.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:46 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,098,227 times
Imagine being this angry day and night, about an issue that doesn’t even impact your life. Being angry on behalf of others is a pathetic life mantra

Old 06-25-2022, 07:51 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Rape or ectopic pregnancy, or any pregnancy that should be terminated for medical reasons aren't "accidental".
That's not what I meant.
With "accidental" I meant: ooops, I forgot to take a pill, ooops I don't like to wear condom, ooops I didn't know I can get pregnant from one time sex and other ooopses.
Does unintended instead do it for you? Even stupid people do not deserve to be shamed and punished, or forced to birth, actually especially stupid people.

Old 06-25-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcl View Post
Imagine being this angry day and night, about an issue that doesn’t even impact your life. Being angry on behalf of others is a pathetic life mantra
It is anger yes, the women's lives and their bodies and health are being played with and shamed. But it is also intense grief for those who now have to struggle with no means to travel or the money.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:03 AM

9,137 posts, read 6,185,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post

But let's be honest, most of the time it's the guy's inability to keep it in his pants or use proper protection. If you are smart you would either wear a condom, or at least make sure she is on the pill. So yeah a lot of times the guy doesn't have a lot to say in the matter..

Maybe the woman should have kept her legs together or used proper protection. If she's smart, she either makes her partner wear a condom, or make sure she's on the pill or another contraceptive device. If she's really really smart, she doesn't get herself in that position - supine.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Maybe the woman should have kept her legs together or used proper protection. If she's smart, she either makes her partner wear a condom, or make sure she's on the pill or another contraceptive device. If she's really really smart, she doesn't get herself in that position - supine.
So this is punishment for the woman on her body? Why dont we just call it that.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:39 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,098,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Blasphemy! It’s ALWAYS the MANS fault for getting a poor unsuspecting woman pregnant! MEN should keep it in their pants! There mere sight of a penis can make a woman pregnant! In fact, if you put 2 men in a room together, they can become pregnant! Two women? Nope. That’s all the science I need!!

Old 06-25-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcl View Post
Blasphemy! It’s ALWAYS the MANS fault for getting a poor unsuspecting woman pregnant! MEN should keep it in their pants! There mere sight of a penis can make a woman pregnant! In fact, if you put 2 men in a room together, they can become pregnant! Two women? Nope. That’s all the science I need!!
So this punishing women for becoming pregnant because of having sex. Why don't we just call it that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy