Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:27 PM

5 posts, read 17,563 times

Advertisements

AJ is pretty low on the living scale. Trailers, Illegals, Res, etc. I was on a bike ride going down Apache Trail and saw this teen, 18-19 , riding a BMX bicycle down the sidewalk with a hand gun in a holster flapping in the wind. Typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,801 times
I lived in Apache Junction for 4 years and loved it while I was there,but would check out Mesa and Gold Canyon to live.There is not much for childrens activity in A.J.I loved the scenery as the Superstition Mountain Range is there and it gave me peace and solice when I needed to think and Canyon Lake is Amazing,and so is the Salt River.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:36 AM

219 posts, read 506,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Why not live in Gilbert and drive to Work.
Definitely. Gilbert is much nicer and it's a short (20 min) commute to Apache Junction.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 6,452 times
Well, we live in AJ and have for over 4 years now. I have found the people to be kind and the resources excellent. We weren't impressed with the schools and decided to home educate, but parks & rec has some excellent programs for youth, the Multi-Generational center is top-notch, there is a natural food store here (The Good Apple) if you need one, Prospector Park is the state's largest city park located here, and the library is wonderful. You know, life is what you make of it. I wouldn't live in Gold Canyon or any of the subdivisions/HOAs that were mentioned on here. There are some beautiful properties at the base of Superstition Mountain that will give you peace and breathtaking views. Drive thru for yourself and make your own decision.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:53 PM
wng

72 posts, read 245,421 times
Stats for Apache Junction shows it has a rather depressed economy. Mean annual salary of $16k.
This means you must look at it as a whole. The housing will be cheaper than adjacent cities as those mentioned. Amenities may be fewer, crime higher, police and other municipal services less well financed.
AJ probably doesn't garner a high rep amongst its neighboring peers. But that doesn't also mean there isn't pockets of appealing homes. The scenery is beautiful.
The main problem in the Valley is employment. And it appears the offer in hand is very good given the economy.
Best to weigh all combinations. Real Estate in nicer communities require more $ and HOA fees and taxes. Some have significantly superior education, and lower crime stats.
Commuting is not an issue for you, as you're going against traffic in Phoenix. Lucky dog!
Real Estate values are quite depressed now, and it's definitely a buyer's market. Hell, you can pick up 2 for the price of 1! Queen Creek is probably the furthest from AJ. And the infrastructure there is lacking, so driving from Queen Creek is terrible during rush hour. Also, given William-Gateway Airport is in the middle of there, one must consider air traffic patterns in the years to come. They hope to expand service with a major domestic carrier. Noise pollution is an issue due to the flat open terrain and lack of trees and tall buildings. Definitely look into East Mesa, Superstition, Gilbert, Queen Creek.
Probably more family friendly. I'm not sure where you're from now, but bear in mind, Phoenix has less cultural diversity than other big USA cities.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 PM

4 posts, read 11,222 times
Go visit the areas if you are worried. If it's a raise and what you want to do, go for it and be Thankful you have the option.
If you are leaving family/friends behind, you can create a storybook for them and if your wife is looking for a great career, have her check out my website. It's digital scrapbooking or you can use a white page. There are so many great things about the system that I can't put it all in an email, but the great thing is you have 100% control of your book and you have me to help you along the way!
www.celebratingmystory.com

Old 01-25-2009, 11:11 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If I worked in AJ, I would be looking in Gold Canyon for a place to live.
I could be mistaken - but as far as I know, Gold Canyon is mostly a retirement community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area