Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 11:13 AM

9 posts, read 32,178 times

Advertisements

Looking for information from people who live in Vistancia...

Do you have to live in Blackstone to have access to the gym/facilities? (We're not interested in golfing, just the other amenities there). Is Blackstone mostly populated with older people, not young families?

How does Lake Pleasant Elementary compare to Vistancia Elementary?

How crowded is the pool off of Sunrise Pt in the summer? Is that the only community pool? What is in the buildings that are right next to that pool?

Are people friendly there, or do they seem focused on having a big house, nice things, trendy clothes, etc?

Are there any areas where all the neighborhood kids tend to go outside and ride bikes, play sports, skateboard or whatever on a regular basis?

How intense are the sports for kids?

Is Lake Pleasant a good place for boating or wave runners, or does it get too crowded?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 02:05 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
We live in Vistancia and I will try to answer some of your questions. I hear that the elementary schools on site are wonderful. We have two schools here in the development, one in the lower first phase and the new one completed last year up in the north end of the development. I believe Blackstone is private and for residents only. Kovenian (spelling)? has a new home in Blackstone in the mid or high $300,000 which I can imagine is causing some uproar with the ubber rich in there. There are some fantastic deals right now with the lower prices in the Vistancia Village and the HOA Fees are far less than Blackstone. People are people here, and I have seen little difference between people living here or elsewhere in AZ. We are friendly enough.
I think the Joneses let their home go back to the bank so we don't have to keep up with them anymore. The pools are awesome and we have two, one big resort pool in the first lower phase and then the new north pool which is less crowded. It can get crowded but not that bad. Early morning is when I go and I am usually alone. The buildings you mention are the HOA office, the basketball gym and the clubhouse that you can rent for reasonable dollars for private parties. We also have the patio/clubhouse with a huge fireplace for the yearly wine event. Very nice. My daughter loves going to Lake Pleasant and does not find it overrun with boats or fishermen. Sport are popular here and my young neighbors just signed up their little girl for soccer and the noise they made going to the first game, you would have thought Christ returned. So I think sports happen. Happy hunting.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:09 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
RE Lake Pleasant. It is fine for boating and wave runners etc. It gets crowded on weekends but is so big that there is plenty of room once on the water. The problem comes in waiting and working in very hot temps to load and unload the boat. Weekdays the place seems almost deserted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area