Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Hamilton View Post
Lol! Yes i am kinda in a panic, i guess Our lease is up this month and we've kind of decided to make the move farther north... or stay in tempe i guess. We've got a couple weeks to find a house and move out, or extend our lease (which we dont want to do) where we stay at in tempe it is a little more than an hour drive. today in rush our traffic took him almost 2 hours. I really like cave creek also, but am having a hard time finding houses for rent in that area.
Cave Creek will be more expensive than the North Phoenix/Deer Valley area, if that matters to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 12:07 AM

6 posts, read 12,640 times
Single family home. 3 bedroom is fine, 4 is better (we are in a 3 bedroom right now and it works out)
and a monthly price/rent of no more than $1100. Optimal price would be arround $900something to $1000, (which is what we pay now)But $1100 is affordable IF we can match mostly with what we want. I have noticed home rent is a little more expensive up there (at least from what ive seen) than it is in the valley.

Yeah, We're willing (and able) to spend a little more. I believe i would like cave creek, Ive never been there, though. I do think anthem is pretty. most important to me is, nice neiborhood, and fairly newer (and/or) well kept house. Schools are also important (I have 3 elementary school kids), I'd like to be in the mountains. But for the most part the neiborhood, and age of house and surroundings are most important. Like, we live in an older home, built in 1970's but it is a nice neiborhood, great schools, house is completly remodled, and the area is not bad. This time we where hoping for one of those newer homes though

Last edited by Toni Hamilton; 01-08-2011 at 12:20 AM..

Old 01-08-2011, 03:13 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Well, if being "in the mountains" is important, then Anthem or the newer areas out west around 87th Ave and Pinnacle Peak are the only ones that come to mind. I don't know what rental prices are in either of those areas.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:43 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times
Frankly, whether it's Anthem or Cave Creek, or downtown Phoenix, people tend to call the entire Phoenix metro area "the valley." I also equate "mountains" with "green," so I don't think of our desert "mountains" as legit (McDowell Mtns., Camelback Mtn., Red Mtn., etc.). Your YMMV, of course.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 AM

175 posts, read 372,229 times
You can find what you are looking for (rentals) in Anthem. I own a home there and I currently have in rented out for $1,050 per month, and I pay the HOA fee for the family. The 1,800 sq. foot home was built in 2000, and includes 3 beds, 2 baths, 2 car garage, all appliances, etc. It is walking distance from the high school. You can find similar rentals there.

The Anthem community center boasts full-court indoor basketball, a three-story rock climbing wall, state-of-the-art fitness facilities, acting and music classes and much more. The community also features the Big Splash Water Park. Anthem’s 63-acre park includes a four-acre catch-and-release fishing lake, softball, baseball and soccer fields, sand volleyball courts, in-line hockey rink, half-pipe skateboard park, Adventure Playground with 3-level castle, half-mile kid-sized railroad, outdoor amphitheater for concerts and events, picnic ramadas with BBQ’s and 10 miles of hiking and biking trails linking the centralized amenities with the various neighborhoods.

Here is a link with plenty of information about Anthem. News & Publications | Online At Anthem

Old 01-08-2011, 12:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Look in Tatum Ranch which is in (north) Phoenix but the mailing address is Cave Creek. From the 101 get off at Tatum and go north until you see the markers for the community. There is a variety of types of housing and it is fairly new. (10-15 years old.)

Desert Willow Elementary in Tatum Ranch is rated A+.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area