Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:27 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,779,962 times

Advertisements

Might be worth mentioning that the spokesman died of heart failure. 575-pound Heart Attack Grill spokesman dies at 29 - USATODAY.com Spend a few hours on the Valley Metro and you won't think glorifying obesity is a very good idea.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:42 PM

12 posts, read 17,148 times
wow i did not know that...

Old 04-19-2011, 10:20 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
Might be worth mentioning that the spokesman died of heart failure. 575-pound Heart Attack Grill spokesman dies at 29 - USATODAY.com Spend a few hours on the Valley Metro and you won't think glorifying obesity is a very good idea.
The Heart Attack Grill may be more obnoxious with regard to how it markets its food but really there are many foods that are just as bad if not worse. Case in point, most Mexican restaurants fry their chips in lard and their refried beans are cooked in lard. Most Chinese restaurants cook their food in pork fat. Pizza Hutt's deep dish crust has so much butter and oil in it. And our culture glorifies unhealthy food daily. Look at all the commercials for pizza, fast food, donuts, beer...none of that his healthy but our culture glorifies these foods and act is if these foods should be a part of your life. At least the Heart Attack Grill is being honest

Old 04-19-2011, 10:20 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
It says that he died of pneumonia. With that cleared up, I'm sure the weight didn't help his cause but at least be honest when making posts.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:26 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,933,909 times
Pretty girls, crapy food.

Everybody in the place looked like it was their first time there.

Don't waste your time or money.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
It says that he died of pneumonia. With that cleared up, I'm sure the weight didn't help his cause but at least be honest when making posts.
The article says the cause of death is unknown. His friends speculate it was due to pneumonia. Nonetheless, an immunocompetent 29 year old doesn't die of pneumonia. There is something called Pickwickian syndrome which is his obesity restricts his diaphragm from fully expanding causing hypoventilation which certainly contributed to his death. Furthermore, due to his morbid obesity, he probably had cardiopulmonary issues which would contribute to his death. It would not surprise me if he had an enlarged heart and some element of heart failure due to his condition The pneumonia was the inciting event but his others issues contributed to his death whereas a healthy person would recover from pneuomonia or a URI especially at 29.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:14 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times
When I was very young I worked in a restaurant with a chef who was very well known. I was amazes at the amount of butter and such that he put into his recipes.
What he told me, and I have found to be true, that that butter and the like taste good and people like it.
I worked in a few more restaurants in my early days and you would not believe what cooks and chefs put into the foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
The Heart Attack Grill may be more obnoxious with regard to how it markets its food but really there are many foods that are just as bad if not worse. Case in point, most Mexican restaurants fry their chips in lard and their refried beans are cooked in lard. Most Chinese restaurants cook their food in pork fat. Pizza Hutt's deep dish crust has so much butter and oil in it. And our culture glorifies unhealthy food daily. Look at all the commercials for pizza, fast food, donuts, beer...none of that his healthy but our culture glorifies these foods and act is if these foods should be a part of your life. At least the Heart Attack Grill is being honest

Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
it's a fun novelty every once and a while ..... i honestly didn't find the girls to be all that attractive .... but I loved the ice cold beers and mexican cokes coming out of the cooler, I can't argue with a fry bar and I thought the burgers were decent

nothing i'd go out of my way for or visit frequently .... even with visitors it's not on the short or medium lists of places to try ..... but it works as a novelty every now and again

Old 04-20-2011, 09:04 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times
That's what I tought. My son took me there when I went years ago at apparently was the old location.
Hey, they have a gimmick and it brings in customers. You don't have to like it but it does work for them.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:30 AM

78 posts, read 103,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I couldn't agree more. The question I always pose is what's worse: A place like H.A. that serves high calorie/unhealthy food but is more than forthcoming with the unhealthy nature of their menu or a place like Applebee's that serves an Oriental Chicken Salad that clocks in at over 1400 calories? Everyone eating their burger knows it's unhealthy but how many people are eating that salad thinking they made a healthy choice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area