Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,647,786 times

Advertisements

It's been almost 3 years since I put my house here in Oregon up for sale and the right guy finally came along.
I'll be headed down your way at the end of June. Not my ideal time to be moving to the desert but I'll take what I can get.
Thanks to everyone for listening to my rants. I'll definately be posting more in the future about the move and my likes and dislikes about the Phoenix metro area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,577,590 times
Congratulations!! It's been a long road, but you'll see that it was well worth it!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:53 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,782,512 times
Wait till you close, before you celebrate. Appraisers, and loan officers can be big deal killers. Best of luck. This has been the nicest Spring ever for me in Phoenix. I'm doing great without A/C. The Indians lived here for 5000 years without A/C--I have a state of the art swamp cooler. Low/low electric bills.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
Wait till you close, before you celebrate. Appraisers, and loan officers can be big deal killers. Best of luck. This has been the nicest Spring ever for me in Phoenix. I'm doing great without A/C. The Indians lived here for 5000 years without A/C--I have a state of the art swamp cooler. Low/low electric bills.
No appraisers, loan officers or loans for that matter. It should be a clean deal. Cash sale.
I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 PM

860 posts, read 2,717,245 times
Well ,you must be relieved! Congratulations! It took us a year to sell and we moved here soon after putting our house on the market anyhow, the offer (contingent) we had in place when we moved here fell through. I do not recommend this, it was very hard financially. One rental payment one mortgage payment.

Good luck with the final move, and hopefully you will be here soon enjoying all the Valley has to offer. You will feel free to settle in and enjoy with your house sold and CLOSED!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,782,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
Well ,you must be relieved! Congratulations! It took us a year to sell and we moved here soon after putting our house on the market anyhow, the offer (contingent) we had in place when we moved here fell through. I do not recommend this, it was very hard financially. One rental payment one mortgage payment.

Good luck with the final move, and hopefully you will be here soon enjoying all the Valley has to offer. You will feel free to settle in and enjoy with your house sold and CLOSED!
As bad as living in a Motel between homes, it sure does beat paying on two homes, with no end in sight. 3 years? 1 year? you guys needed better business plans. I will lower my price in two weeks if I don't have at least shaker action.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:12 AM

I don't have to worry about a roof over my head while I look for a house. My brother and mother both just bought homes in the east valley and I can stay there as long as I need.
It sure will be nice to actually see a sunrise and sunset. Doesn't happen much here in the northwest.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:52 AM

860 posts, read 2,717,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
As bad as living in a Motel between homes, it sure does beat paying on two homes, with no end in sight. 3 years? 1 year? you guys needed better business plans. I will lower my price in two weeks if I don't have at least shaker action.

We switched realtors after 9 months and deciding that we had been over priced. the new realtor worked had to convince my husband that our first offer price was not going to happen anymore.

We did not want to seperate our family for a year and my husband had a job offer with a firm start date, so that part I cannot regret, but I do regret not being in touch with what the market in our hometown had done since we had left. I also regret using a family friend as a realtor, as we hesitated to make a switch.
Its much better to be sold before moving, like the OP, especially if you are set on a price range.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,861,039 times
Congrats Maverick, know you have been waiting a long time Is your daughter coming or staying up there? Enjoy, and now the fun...packing...

Old 05-18-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Congrats Maverick, know you have been waiting a long time Is your daughter coming or staying up there? Enjoy, and now the fun...packing...
Hey Grannyroost. Thanks for the congrats. Yes it has taken a long time. Far too long.
No, my daughter is staying here and living with my number 2 son. They always got along well and he's happy she can stay with him. She will be attending her first year of college locally. 2 years of J.C. and then off to University of Oregon. I'm so proud of her. She is graduating high school on June 4th as the valedictorian and I just got back from the school awards ceremony. She won several awards for scholastic excellence but I'm most proud that she won the principle's award for overall excellence. The principle only awards this to one student in the entire school for the year while all the other awards are specific classroom awards.
Anyway, I'm very proud of her. She is going to do well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: