Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 03:08 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,669 times

Advertisements

I just found out that all the hours I've spent researching REALTOR.com, Zillow and Trulia was a complete waste of my time. I gave a list of about thirty properties to my real estate agent and she "checked them out" and all but one has been sold, or AWC (active with contingency?). Does anyone know where I can find current information on active listings?
I thought that the AZ real estate was kind of lagging...even if it is on the mend, what is the chance that all 30 properties have been sold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 03:24 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,164,084 times
Most of the Realtors who post in the Phoenix forum have their own websites where you can search for properties and the information is current and in "real time." Doesn't your own agent have the same thing?

Old 04-06-2012, 03:38 PM

183 posts, read 550,270 times
I'm guessing the OP gathered 30 addresses from those sites, and they were so "behind" that the realtor gave real time status on them

Old 04-06-2012, 03:41 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
The market here has changed drastically in the past few months. It is now red hot and there is a very serious shortage and competition for houses in the lower end of the price spectrum (under roughly 150K). Prices are still reasonable by historical standards, though. You need to find a realtor who has the latest info and knows how to advise you on this market.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ bound View Post
I'm guessing the OP gathered 30 addresses from those sites, and they were so "behind" that the realtor gave real time status on them
Maybe. I understood it to mean the o/p found the listings on Zillow, etc. and their agent ran them through their own MLS site, which shows the real time status. Most of our Realtors on C-D share their websites with the forum. So the o/p's agent should be able to do the same for the o/p. Unless I'm missing something here...

Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,584,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Maybe. I understood it to mean the o/p found the listings on Zillow, etc. and their agent ran them through their own MLS site, which shows the real time status. Most of our Realtors on C-D share their websites with the forum. So the o/p's agent should be able to do the same for the o/p. Unless I'm missing something here...
Not all agents offer an up to date search feature on their websites like mine, and not all have their own website. However, at the very least, the OP's agent should be able to set up a portal in the MLS that will email listing updates based on the search criteria. Even then, homes in certain price ranges are selling so quickly, that a listing that shows active today may be gone before the agent can check it out.

Last edited by rjrcm; 04-06-2012 at 04:08 PM..

Old 04-06-2012, 04:02 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,830 times
I found that out too. My realtor told me they can't get in to update, or something. It sucked because I had about 30 listings too - about 5 of them were available, but only 3 in a decent area. Luckily we got a choice out of there.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Not all agents offer an up to date search feature on their websites like mine, and not all have their own website. However, at the very least, the OP's agent should be able to set up a portal in the MLS that will email listing updates based on the search criteria. Even then, homes in certain price ranges are selling so quickly, that even a listing that shows active today may be gone before the agent can check it out.
Thank you! I was afraid I was hallucinating!

Old 04-06-2012, 04:05 PM

203 posts, read 491,514 times
You may find this blog entry of interest: There’s a Housing Tsunami Coming. In Other News, WOLF! No, Really. I Mean it This Time | All Phoenix Real Estate.Com

If your realtor is not giving you access to the Arizona mls, get a new realtor as they have no idea what they're doing.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:06 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,584,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
...I thought that the AZ real estate was kind of lagging...even if it is on the mend, what is the chance that all 30 properties have been sold?
As mentioned, homes in certain price ranges, generally under $200K, are selling very quickly. Realtor.com, and especially Truila and Zillow, can't keep up with the quick pace of sales we are experiencing. Trulia and Zillow also tend to keep listings showing as active long past their actual sale date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area