Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Could be one of the flour beetle family...
Confused flour beetle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, if they don't fly that could be but they seem to be all around the home. Usually flour beetles stay in the pantry or close to the food source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 05:41 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,239 times
Sounds like a black carpet beetle to me: How to Get Rid of Carpet Beetles

Old 06-13-2013, 12:13 AM

134 posts, read 348,072 times
I have my condo in Phoenix sprayed regularly (every 3 months) and I do not have a bug problem. I always get the guy to spray indoors as well. I have a dog and as long as you keep your pet away from the sprayed areas until it dries, they will be fine.

The last time they sprayed I looked at the invoice and it told me what they used to spray indoors. It is a product called Cy-Kick and you can buy it from amazon.com. I would suggest you have a can of this on hand and when you see those critters again (after your bug guy comes), then spray this around doors and windows inside your home.

CyKick Aerosol is a Crack & Crevice Residual insecticide labeled to control Ants, Booklice, Boxelder Bugs, Carpenter Ants, Carpenter Bees, Centipedes, Chocolate Moths, Clover Mites, Cluster Flies, Cockroaches, Crickets, Dermetids, Drug Store Beetles, Earwigs, Elmleaf Beetles, Flour Beetles, Grain Weevils, Millipedes, Scorpions, Silverfish, Sowbugs, Spiders, Springtails, Termites, Ticks, Trogoderma, Wood Infesting Borers and Beetles, and Wood Wasps.

Cy-Kick Aerosol Pressurized 17.5 oz-1 can 663421: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area