Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,555 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am 21 years old, will be graduating college in May, and moving out for a job in Scottsdale in August. I am really not familiar with the areas near there but I think I am interested in living in either the Scottsdale or Tempe area. I will have a car so I don't mind a commute up to about a half hour or so. I want to be somewhere near other young professionals, bars, shopping, restaurants, and other typical things like that. I am looking to pay up to $1000 per month in rent, but lower would be great too! I want to meet new people and make friends quickly, so any suggestions for that would be greatly appreciate too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 09:40 AM

357 posts, read 712,350 times
Hi - you're a little younger than me (I'm 25) but I've lived in the Tempe and Scottsdale areas since I was 19 and really liked both for different reasons. Old Town is mostly people in their 20's to early 30's and Tempe is much more college aged up to 23 or so. Your budget will easily get you a nice 1 bedroom in a good area. I suggest to a lot of friends and people moving that are right out of college to live around Scottsdale and McDowell. It's right in between both areas and will let you explore each until you decide which area you like more.

A couple questions:

-Where's your job? 30 minutes can get you to a lot of places from Tempe and Scottsdale at rush hour but not all.
- do you want to be walking distance to bars, restaurants, and shopping or is a $15 cab ride/5-10 minute drive ok?
- do you like relaxed bars, clubs, pool parties? Or like a crowded good time at any type of place?

I'm typing this all on my iPad otherwise I'd get even more lengthy!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 2,555 times
Thanks for the info so far! From what I understand it sounds like there are definitely a lot of options for a younger crowd, so I am excited to start checking things out.

My job is on N Scottsdale road in North Scottsdale near 101 and 51. Walking distance to bars, restaurants, shopping would be nice but not necessary. I don't mind driving around and also won't mind taking cabs once in a while, too. I definitely prefer a laid back, relaxed atmosphere, but I like the crowded more crazy places once in a while, too, especially to meet people since I don't really know anyone in the area. So that is why I don't mind driving/cabs because I would like to experience all kinds of nightlife/social scenes!

I know it's not too specific but I am open to a lot of different atmospheres and locations. I am trying to keep an open mind and not get too specific in my search because I feel like that would only make it tougher.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,852 times
im in the same boat. start in a few weeks lots of places online but don't know where to go.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:28 PM

428 posts, read 5,885,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale982 View Post
Thanks for the info so far! From what I understand it sounds like there are definitely a lot of options for a younger crowd, so I am excited to start checking things out.

My job is on N Scottsdale road in North Scottsdale near 101 and 51. Walking distance to bars, restaurants, shopping would be nice but not necessary. I don't mind driving around and also won't mind taking cabs once in a while, too. I definitely prefer a laid back, relaxed atmosphere, but I like the crowded more crazy places once in a while, too, especially to meet people since I don't really know anyone in the area. So that is why I don't mind driving/cabs because I would like to experience all kinds of nightlife/social scenes!

I know it's not too specific but I am open to a lot of different atmospheres and locations. I am trying to keep an open mind and not get too specific in my search because I feel like that would only make it tougher.
Scottsdale Rd is not near 51 highway. Based off what you mentioned, I think you would like the Scottsdale Kierland/ Quarter area near near Scottsdale Rd and Greenway-Hayden. There is an apartment complex just west of that area at Greenway and 66th St. Not sure of their name, maybe someone knows what I am talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area