Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 02:43 PM

5 posts, read 11,846 times

Advertisements

Folks - How is the new community - Reserve at Fulton Ranch in Chandler..It is next to Home Depot and opposite to the original million dollar custom homes community of Fulton Ranch. Any feedback on the area and the community will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 03:36 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,344,065 times
Fulton is my #1 choice for a builder, and Fulton Ranch is a very desirable area. However, the homes in the Reserve series are a bit small IMO; you can get a somewhat larger Mediterranean or Oasis series home at Freeman Farms (also built by Fulton) in Gilbert for about the same amount of money.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:27 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,280,435 times
it's small lots and detached from the real Fulton ranch. good location though. I would not compare it to Freeman farms which is in the middle of nowhere. there is another development under way now just south of the reserve I think by DR Horton

Old 02-06-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
it's small lots and detached from the real Fulton ranch. good location though. I would not compare it to Freeman farms which is in the middle of nowhere. there is another development under way now just south of the reserve I think by DR Horton
I disagree about Freeman Farms being in the middle of nowhere. There are several other nice communities (such as Seville, Stratland Estates, and Power Ranch) in the vicinity, as well as SanTan Village nearby. If any Fulton community would be described as being in the middle of nowhere, that community would most likely be Ironwood Crossing in unincorporated Pinal County east of Queen Creek and north of San Tan Valley.

Fact is, between Fulton Ranch, Freeman Farms, or Ironwood Crossing, I personally believe Freeman Farms provides the best balance of price and location. Fulton Ranch is too expensive for what is currently being offered, and Ironwood Crossing is too far out.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:50 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,150,271 times
Check the train schedules...that backs up to a rail line that runs down to Sacaton.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I disagree about Freeman Farms being in the middle of nowhere.
I disagree with your disagreement. It's way out there, no shopping or services within several miles. Poor location compared to Fulton Ranch

Old 02-06-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I disagree with your disagreement. It's way out there, no shopping or services within several miles. Poor location compared to Fulton Ranch
Not true at all. There is a Fry's Marketplace at Seville, which is a walkable distance from Freeman Farms for some people. In addition, SanTan Village is less than 10 minutes away (much shorter than the distance from Fulton Ranch to Chandler Fashion Center). For those who prefer indoor malls, Freeman Farms is equidistant from Chandler Fashion Center and Superstition Springs Center, allowing more flexibility for which mall to shop at.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM

6,762 posts, read 5,061,212 times
Note that Freeman Farms is nearly sold out. There are still the model homes, and some spec homes for sale. But I don't believe there are any lots remaining for customer choice builds.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:51 PM

5 posts, read 11,846 times
Thanks all..Based on the info I got, rail line on arizona avenue is not a problem..its a small train which comes only once a day and is not a nuissance..Residents of Pinelake estates also say the same.

What you guys say???

Old 02-07-2014, 07:55 AM

That train is not a problem, I live in the area and that train rarely runs (once a day sounds high). It only serves the few businesses on the rail line and terminates south of town, it doesn't continue South to another city. What may be a problem is location of powerlines. There is a proposal to add new powerlines from that substation that is just North of Pinelake Estates. The plan now I think is to take them down the canal path on the East side of Pinelake down to Hunt Highway or Riggs and then over to the Price Corridor. Another option would be to go down the rail line. Keep in mind there's some homeowners in Pinelake Estates with houses in the $700,000 range and they may have some pull with where the lines get located. To play it safe I wouldn't want a property within a few lots of the rail line, stay further West if possible. Of course the on-site agent may know more about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area