Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 01:23 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I suppose you can get a little bit of everything wherever you go. A woman outside off the J.J. Pepper's down the street from the Aragon was irate after I told her I didn't have extra money. She yelled and called me a racist for refusing to give her money. I had another guy become a bit hostile near the House of Blues and he kept following me around in his wheelchair. I've run into a few nutters here but they were just vagrants loitering or walking down the streets and not actively panhandling.

Does Phoenix have Squeegee men? Used to encounter them by Midway. At least they offer a service for your money.
Youre right, youll run into issues no matter where you are in the country. Or world for that matter! You were over by the Aragon Brawlroom, huh? Never had an issue with any bums over there whatsoever. Saw many shows there, though.

As for squeegee bums, never once had one here or in Chicago area. And in all my life in Chicago, I only went to Midway one time to pick up a friend coming into town. I avoided Midway like the plague. Why use Midway when you have O'Hare?

Old 09-02-2014, 01:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Youre right, youll run into issues no matter where you are in the country. Or world for that matter! You were over by the Aragon Brawlroom, huh? Never had an issue with any bums over there whatsoever. Saw many shows there, though.

As for squeegee bums, never once had one here or in Chicago area. And in all my life in Chicago, I only went to Midway one time to pick up a friend coming into town. I avoided Midway like the plague. Why use Midway when you have O'Hare?
Southwest. Especially from PHX.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:53 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Bingo. Southwest, easier access and less traffic and Squeegee men!

Old 09-02-2014, 04:50 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Id gladly fly United from O'Hare to Sky Harbor rather than deal with miserable Midway and Southwest.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:29 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Id gladly fly United from O'Hare to Sky Harbor rather than deal with miserable Midway and Southwest.
Midway is a cakewalk compared to O'Hare. Quicker cab ride to downtown too. Southwest isn't my favorite but they have great direct flights to MDW and free live TV is enough to pacify me. It's a no brainier for me when traveling to Chi.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:45 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,744,599 times
Quote:
Midway is a cakewalk compared to O'Hare. Quicker cab ride to downtown too. Southwest isn't my favorite but they have great direct flights to MDW and free live TV is enough to pacify me. It's a no brainier for me when traveling to Chi.
It's all about where you are going. My business trips always took me to places like Schaumburg, Arlington Heights and Libertyville, so O'Hare made sense. If I was going downtown I would at least consider Midway. Not a big Southwest fan though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area