Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 10:04 AM

850 posts, read 797,326 times

Advertisements

Hello I was offered a position in Phoenix and never spent time there.
Overall Do you guys like it and what is the best feature? thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,156,912 times
Like anywhere, it has it's up and down sides. The best thing for you to do is figure out what you want out of your quality of life and weigh that against what Phoenix does or doesn't have to offer.

Outdoor activities, dry weather, proximity to other places to visit, cost of living, etc...what is important to you?

Last edited by observer53; 08-21-2014 at 12:57 PM..

Old 08-21-2014, 11:44 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,421,745 times
It all boils down to money. Will you make more? How old are you? Do you eventually want to get back to GA?
It is hot and I get bored in the summer. I hike from November-February. I am a native to AZ but have decided to move back to NoVA so I can make more money and my son has more opportunity. COL is higher but there is so much more to do in the DC area than here in AZ. I have a 5500 sq/ft here in AZ and won't even get near that size in NoVA but honestly I live in my family room and kitchen and only go in my bedroom to sleep.

Keep us posted!

Old 08-21-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
It all boils down to money. Will you make more? How old are you? Do you eventually want to get back to GA?
It is hot and I get bored in the summer. I hike from November-February. I am a native to AZ but have decided to move back to NoVA so I can make more money and my son has more opportunity. COL is higher but there is so much more to do in the DC area than here in AZ. I have a 5500 sq/ft here in AZ and won't even get near that size in NoVA but honestly I live in my family room and kitchen and only go in my bedroom to sleep.

Keep us posted!
Well the job market in ATL is pretty good, but can't stand it here. Relatives and friends out west so I have that going. It can't be that boring can it?

Last edited by oping00; 08-21-2014 at 12:40 PM..

Old 08-21-2014, 12:33 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,305,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
Well the job market in ATL is pretty, but can't stand it here. Relatives and friends out west so I have that going. It can't be that boring can it?
Yes, it can.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:38 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,478,620 times
I loved Arizona when I visited it. I almost went to Arizona St for graduate school but it was too expensive and too far away. I am from Ohio. I would love to move out to Arizona when I finish grad school. The weather is awesome, the sunsets are amazing. The women are so friendly in Arizona and gorgeous. Arizona is def one of my fav states. It has a cool unique culture that appeals to me. Just my two cents. -RL

Old 08-21-2014, 12:43 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,718,439 times
Why is it that I somehow get the idea that you haven't bothered to do any research, nor even bothered to browse through any of the many threads already here on this subject?

Old 08-21-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Why is it that I somehow get the idea that you haven't bothered to do any research, nor even bothered to browse through any of the many threads already here on this subject?
Why do you care, maybe I dont want to go through 80 threads and maybe I want fresh perspective of newbies that moved there. Geez.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:52 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,305,681 times
Quote:
Why do you care, maybe I dont want to go through 80 threads and maybe I want fresh perspective of newbies that moved there. Geez.
It is preferred that you use the search feature. There is a wealth of information out there to be read, many asking the same questions you have already asked.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:55 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,718,439 times
Quote:

I'm not sure that I "care," but it seems rude to expect us to do the work of writing again what's been written before, just because you're too lazy to do the preliminaries yourself. And if you want the perspective of newbies - you could have asked for that, which you didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area