Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:10 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,973 times

Advertisements

I'm a transplant and I much prefer the sun over snow and icestorms.

But I also prefer rain every now and then.

Why do people complain so much about rain here? It's such a nice change and besides we need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 09:03 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,961,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Let me predict future comments in this thread:

"Give me sunshine over clouds any day"

"Enjoy cloudy rainy days while we have them as the brutal heat will be here until December"

"At least you don't have to shovel sunshine"

"I hate the oppressive heat"

"I prefer the heat. I can't swim until my pool is 90"

...and so on...and so on...
Dang, man, you nailed it!

Phoenicians sound like broken records and are so predictable when it comes to their responses.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:35 PM

226 posts, read 227,394 times
Bring on the one-teens! I can't wait for that first 113 degree high! Love it, love it!!!

Old 04-28-2015, 12:43 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
Bring on the one-teens! I can't wait for that first 113 degree high! Love it, love it!!!

And they say I am the only one

Old 04-28-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
I see a straightjacket in your future.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:22 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
At least we don't have to spend spring in a root cellar.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
At least we don't have to spend spring in a root cellar.
That is the BEST thing about living here in AZ. I hate the summers with a royal passion, but at least we dont have to deal with tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc. I like being able to go to sleep at night w/o hearing tornado sirens blaring. Thats nerve-wracking.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:56 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Well, looks like it's time for some of these, you know you live in Phoenix when.........................

It's so hot in Arizona that...

• the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
  • the potatoes cook underground, and all you have to do to have lunch is to pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
  • farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
  • the cows are giving evaporated milk.
  • the trees are whistling for the dogs.
  • you no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.
  • you can say 113 degrees without fainting.
  • you eat hot chiles to cool your mouth off.
  • you can make instant sun tea.
  • you learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.
  • the temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.
  • you've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl.
  • you would give anything to be able to splash cold water on your face.
  • you can attend any function wearing shorts and a tank top.
  • The 4 seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!
  • you discover that in July, it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.
  • you discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.
  • you notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
  • hot water now comes out of both taps.
  • it's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is out on the streets.
  • you actually burn your hand opening the car door.
  • you break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m. before work.
  • no one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car or not having air conditioning.
  • your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
  • you realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
  • a sad Arizonan once prayed, "I wish it would rain - not so much for me, cuz I've seen it -- but for my 7-year-old."
borrowed from: Arizona Heat Jokes

Old 04-30-2015, 12:00 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
and this:

The good ole, AZ Diary which has been thrown around for years.

Arizona Diary
May 15th: Now this is a state that knows how to live! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. Mountains and deserts blended together. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th: Really heating up. Got to 108 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car, work in an air-conditioned office. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshipper.

June 30th: Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th: The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it's a dry heat. Getting used to it is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th: Fell asleep by the pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed two days of work; what a dumb thing to do.
I learned my lesson though: got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 25th: Dry heat, my butt. Hot is hot! The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the A/C repairman charged $250 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th: Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. $1,600 in damn house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

August 4th: 115 degrees! Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $1,200 and gets the temperature down to about 90. I hate this [expletive deleted] state.

August 8th: If another wise a** cracks, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to tear his [expletive deleted] throat out. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and no deodorant works well enough!

August 10th: The weather report might as well be a damn recording: Hot and Sunny. It's been too hot to sleep for two damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this barren damn desert? $1,700 worth of cactus just dried up and blew into the [expletive deleted] pool. Even a cactus can't live in this heat.

August 14th: Welcome to Hell! Temperature got to 120 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the [expletive deleted] windshield out of the BMW. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $1,600 house payment to bail me out of jail.

August 30th: Worst day of the damn summer. I'm not leaving the house. The [expletive deleted] monsoon rains finally came and all they did is to make it muggier than hell. The BMW is now floating somewhere in Mexico with its new $500 windshield. nobody told me about staying out of the washes during a "flash flood" warning. That does it. We're moving back to California and buying a house next to the freeway for some peace and quiet.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 AM

892 posts, read 1,499,277 times
Cracks me up to see all the whiny people....they must be the ones that have a heart attack when they see me driving a vehicle without AC installed all year round, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area