Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 760 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am here to ask all the parents out there if they know of anyone who is wiling to take on a toddler for nannying or if they know of any affordable full time daycare? I need someone reliable and preferably CPR and First Aid trained.

My sister is a young, hard-working, single mom with a two year old. My niece is very bright and she is an overall happy child. She loves to learn, dance, & color.

I am very protective of my sister and niece. I'm only trying to help find someone our family can trust with our only baby

If you know of anyone please feel free to message me! My sister, mom and I will be interviewing all candidates and they will also be meeting my niece. We are open to discuss compensation.

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 08:45 PM

11 posts, read 12,834 times
Care.com where the nannies and babysitters can be background checked, verified and also have reviews submitted about them would be your best bet.

I used care.com for my son and had great results.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:25 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
My daughter just had a baby and we had warned them about the cost of care here long before. She decided to stay home with him after looking into Tutortime...which had way too many infants and too few attendants. The cost was staggering. I will tell her about care.com

Old 06-10-2015, 10:48 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,048,329 times
I don't know where you live, but one of my neighbors (elderly widow) has a day care. She has lots of steady customers.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:48 PM

135 posts, read 165,461 times
I looked into Tutortime and have to agree the cost was staggering and the census was high. I chose a day care facility that I found through the DES website. Although I was a cash payment client, and the cost was still more than college tuition, knowing they were regularly inspected gave me some reassurance.

In the past, I have used private day care in a person's home as well as a nanny. I prefer the day care facilities. The issue for me has been reliability. If the nanny was sick, her kids were sick, car broke down, ect, then I was late for work or calling off. With the day cares in people's homes, I didn't feel my kids were safe. If the woman who ran the day care needed to go to an appointment, the store, ect, she had to find someone else to watch the kids. These weren't employees, but random people who could cover for a couple hours. So they weren't certified or background checked. A lot of times, it would be the parent of another child in the day care or a relative of the woman who owned it. At times, she had asked me to watch the kids.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:35 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
I'm not a believer in any religion but we put our infant in a church daycare for the first year or so. There were always only a handful of kids there at any time and it was also much cheaper. Cost wasn't the issue though, it was just a much calmer environment. ended up moving him to a different daycare before he learned anything about religion and donated alot of our baby stuff to the church as a thank you. Lots of churches offer this service to non members and don't bother you about not being a believer.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:22 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,380,011 times
I'm also looking here in Ahwatukee area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area