Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 03:16 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Yes I am, because I'm CONSTANTLY having to SWERVE in and out of traffic to get around them!
Have to laugh at the speeders swerving in and out of traffic just to be first at the red light, then repeat that over and over until they reach their destination. High gas consumption, premature worn out brakes, high blood pressure, nervous wreck..

Old 01-27-2016, 03:18 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,293,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Have to laugh at the speeders swerving in and out of traffic just to be first at the red light, then repeat that over and over until they reach their destination. High gas consumption, premature worn out brakes, high blood pressure, nervous wreck..
Agreed, the sad thing is my blood pressure increases when I try to relax and drive the speed limit in the right lane because those guys try to pass on the right. I've learned the safest lane to drive in is the middle lane.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:21 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,289,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well why couldn't you go to kickboxing at 10am? You were impacting morning traffic by taking an early morning kickboxing class. Rush hour starts early in many American cities as early as 5am, you being on the road at the time since you weren't going to work, was adding to the rush hour.

Just because it makes sense to you doesn't mean others have to follow your rules.

It makes sense to me to not be looking down at your phone texting when you're crossing the street or walking through a parking lot, but I don't get to dictate to others that they should do that as well.

Well if you must know...My kickboxing class was on a residential street about 1.5 miles from home. I rarely saw ANY traffic on that road at that time. I wasn't contributing to the commuting traffic in any way. Oh, and also because when I was working, that was when I went to class because I didn't always have that luxury of going at 10 am like a RETIRED PERSON (aka snowbird) WOULD.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:28 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Regardless, who are you to tell other people when they can shop or drive?

As I already said, what makes sense to us doesn't apply to others. I would never walk around staring down into a phone crossing streets, walking through parking lots, walking in area at dark that you're not familiar with engrossed in your phone ......many seem to disagree with me.

Yes, I certainly understand the logic of why shop on Saturday or after 5pm on a weekday when you can do it on a Tuesday at 10am, but to let it bother you that much is pointless.

We can't control the behavior of other people.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Regardless, who are you to tell other people when they can shop or drive?

As I already said, what makes sense to us doesn't apply to others. I would never walk around staring down into a phone crossing streets, walking through parking lots, walking in area at dark that you're not familiar with engrossed in your phone ......many seem to disagree with me.

Yes, I certainly understand the logic of why shop on Saturday or after 5pm on a weekday when you can do it on a Tuesday at 10am, but to let it bother you that much is pointless.

We can't control the behavior of other people.

Then you understand completely. No one is trying to control anyone else. The LOGIC (or lack there of) of it all is frustrating.

Because it bothered the OP long enough to take out a few minutes to type out a rant doesn't mean it is consuming their life; I highly doubt it is. I find it all amusing because I have had the same conversation in real life about this very topic with people in the valley as well as Florida.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Then you understand completely. No one is trying to control anyone else. The LOGIC (or lack there of) of it all is frustrating.

Because it bothered the OP long enough to take out a few minutes to type out a rant doesn't mean it is consuming their life; I highly doubt it is. I find it all amusing because I have had the same conversation in real life about this very topic with people in the valley as well as Florida.
Oh yes I do understand. But it's how you approach it.

I had dinner in a restaurant on Sunday and after we go seated, the table next to us was seated with 3 people(tables were very close together and the place was now crowded). This one guy at the next table had the most shrill voice I have ever heard and was loud.

The Feds could hire him to get information out of terrorists. In fact given a choice they would go with waterboarding over him talking.

At first I let it annoy me, than I looked at him like he was a character from a TV show and started finding him amusing.

See 1) I could let it ruin my meal and night out 2) I looked at him as entertainment.

I went with #2.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Oh yes I do understand. But it's how you approach it.

I had dinner in a restaurant on Sunday and after we go seated, the table next to us was seated with 3 people(tables were very close together and the place was now crowded). This one guy at the next table had the most shrill voice I have ever heard and was loud.

The Feds could hire him to get information out of terrorists. In fact given a choice they would go with waterboarding over him talking.

At first I let it annoy me, than I looked at him like he was a character from a TV show and started finding him amusing.

See 1) I could let it ruin my meal and night out 2) I looked at him as entertainment.

I went with #2.

I would choose #3. Ask to be moved.

I like to avoid things that annoy me such as lots of traffic or crowded stores (to stay on topic). I also tend to not dine during peak times to avoid being seated on top of each other.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I would choose #3. Ask to be moved.

I like to avoid things that annoy me such as lots of traffic or crowded stores (to stay on topic). I also tend to not dine during peak times to avoid being seated on top of each other.

#3 wasn't an option. Small place mostly two tops, there was four of us. Mr. Shrill and party got the last table. We had already ordered our food, had drinks, and one was guest from out of town. The friend across from me and I got the worst of it, like I said once I looked at it from a different approach it became amusing.

BTW this restaurant or location or time wouldn't have been my first choice, the out of town guest wanted to go there. Sometimes we have to accommodate others.

I also avoid(when I can) peak times for shopping and crowds. But you can't always do that.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:51 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,139,183 times
This thread is making me start to believe that people are different.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:01 PM

8,040 posts, read 10,631,014 times
LOL I had to chuckle just a little at the OP. I thought I was alone in this rather dark, and granted completely unfair, but real feeling/observation I have sometimes as well. Only in my case, it's the lunch hour when I am trying to run an errand or two that seems clogged with people who, in my mind, have ALL DAY to be out and about and should really let those of us productive and working get our lunch hours over before they head out to do things like, oh, take 10 minutes to pick out just the perfect "stamps" at the Post Office (just happened today), etc.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area