Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 05:55 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times

Advertisements

I will be traveling to the Phoenix area to visit with friends. I will be staying at a hotel in Mesa. While there I will be seeing a performance at the Orpheum. What are some good restaurants within safe, walking distance. Single female and will be attending the performance alone so close and safe proximity to Orpheum is important. Not looking for overly fancy or super trendy restaurants. Just a good dinner at moderat prices (entrees $14-20. Also, will be driving to Orpheum area for early dinner -- 5:00. Will it be a pain to get to that area from Mesa at rush hour time -- about how long should I allow time-wise for the commute? Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 08:41 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
A lot of the downtown restaurants, particularly on and west of Central where the Orpheum is, are not open for dinner. Tom's Tavern (it's not a bar, but a restaurant-- the name comes from its historic predecessor) is close to the Orpheum and is open for dinner. The Renaissance Hotel likely has some options; there is a Vietnamese restaurant on Central and Adams (or Monroe) in the San Carlos Hotel.

Your drive from the east side is going to encounter heavy traffic. Afternoon traffic is worse westbound than eastbound. Where are you starting from? Depending on exactly where you are starting from,(how far west in Mesa, how close to the freeway(s) allowing an hour or even a bit more for traffic, parking, etc. would not be unreasonable

Old 02-22-2016, 09:14 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
Thanks for input. It helps. I will be coming from the area near Mesa riverview shopping center. So near north Dobson road and loop 202

Old 02-22-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Thanks for input. It helps. I will be coming from the area near Mesa riverview shopping center. So near north Dobson road and loop 202

That's an easy freeway access, an hour should be fine. You may need less, but you never know.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:02 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,742,274 times
Thai Basil is very close. Arrogant Butcher at Cityscape has entrees starting at $15.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Thai Basil is very close. Arrogant Butcher at Cityscape has entrees starting at $15.
More good choices. Arrogant Butcher is a couple of blocks further, but very doable.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:46 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
The Phoenix Public Market Cafe would be a good option.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
The Phoenix Public Market Cafe would be a good option.

True, but getting a little farther away. I don't know for sure if the OP wants to park and walk to dinner and to the Orpheum, but this would require parking twice, I think., unless parking halfway in between, which might work.

To the OP--- you might also want to explore www.Yelp.com for the downtown Phoenix area. You can filter your search to narrow it down to the options you are most interested in.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:54 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
True, but getting a little farther away. I don't know for sure if the OP wants to park and walk to dinner and to the Orpheum, but this would require parking twice, I think.
True, it is further, but still only a 10 minute walk or so. There's lots of street parking near the Public Market though, so it would be easy to park at dinner, eat, walk to the venue and walk back.

Other than Blue Hound Kitchen, which may be too trendy for the OP, I haven't found any great restaurants at or near Cityscape.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
True, it is further, but still only a 10 minute walk or so. There's lots of street parking near the Public Market though, so it would be easy to park at dinner, eat, walk to the venue and walk back.

Other than Blue Hound Kitchen, which may be too trendy for the OP, I haven't found any great restaurants at or near Cityscape.
The OP may not want to walk by herself that far in an area she doesn't know, especially late at night on the return walk. I know the area, and I'd pick something closer. I had the impression she wanted something within 2 or max three blocks. Of all the suggestions, Thai Basil is the closest place. Don't know if the OP likes Thai food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area