Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2017, 12:59 PM

20 posts, read 20,857 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone .

Im pretty new to the forum scene so be nice. My family and I ( 5 people) are moving to AZ we are considering the Goodyear are I love it as I have visited before we've looked around but only can find online so many apartments.

Any AZ Goodyear Natives? My budget is 1200 lowest and 1300 highest for 3 bedrooms. Since we are first timers we will be renting so apartments homes townhouses..etc etc

Any tips on relocating from very different states? I do have a child shes 8 months but by the time we move (December)she would be 1 years old. I have a 15 year old brother also so Schools are a big thing for me and hangouts for teens his age.

Jobs? My husband is a chef (sautee) and would love to stay in his field of expertise.

THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 09:19 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
Will you be commuting for work, if where?

Does he have a job lined up? Any type or class pic restaurant he traditionally works in?

Old 07-10-2017, 08:51 AM

I don't know if I am answering correctly but he works in Italian usually but he has worked for Red lobster in the past and Buffalo Wild Wings. I won't be working I am a stay at home mother. I would love to line jobs up for him but I typically get that they want him for an interview the next week and we still reside in WI. He wants to keep the commute without the Goodyear area.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:22 PM

OK. There are a lot places the SW Valley that are line with that type of work. Not much resort or fine dining as some other areas ( although there are some resort, golf club, etc type places).

K-8 district is a little bit better for most of the area North of I-10. For the public high schools, Millenium, Verrado, Estrella are more favorable. Desert Edge is considered a slight dip and Aqua Fria a larger drop.

You should be able to find rentals in your range.

Are there any specifics got are looking to know?

Old 07-10-2017, 04:58 PM

How're the apartments out there I've been looking and I would love to secure something before we move.. oh and securing a job? Is it possible to do before actually moving

Old 07-11-2017, 07:42 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
There are not an abundance of apartments for rent in Goodyear. Goodyear is a new city and multi family is usually among the later developments to go in. There are however, plenty of single family homes that are around the top of your price range. For that you will get about 1500 square feet, 3 br, 2ba recent construction. I looked on Zillow rents and all these places are in good areas (Goodyear doesn't have much that is in sketchy areas. Maybe just a strip east of Litchfield Rd south of I10.) Desert Edge is the closest high school, but in AZ you can go to any school you want even outside district boundaries if they have room which they almost always do. A lot of kids in the Goodyear area attend Verrado High in Buckeye. Desert Edge though is large enough that they have a good variety of course offerings and a solid athletics if your kid is into that.

BTW, you aren't going to find many natives in Goodyear. 95% of the city is newly built in the past 15 years or so and the people are all from some other part of Phoenix or outside the area.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Ponderosa - variances are getting more difficult, school capacity is becoming an issue at Verrado and to degree Millenium.

The Verrado HS boundaries extend to most of canyon trails and a lot of Goodyear South of I-10 and West of sarival

https://www.aguafria.org/domain/35

There is a new HS in the district being built

Agua Fria District Breaks Ground On New High School West Of Goodyear | KJZZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area