Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 11:10 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times

Advertisements

We have a diving pool with sand filter system. In a typical pool service each week should they...

1. Back wash it (especially during monsoon season)

2. Empty the basket where the vacuum hose goes into the wall

3. Empty the filter by the sand. It has a clear spin on lid.

Thanks for any help. Guessing the landlord pays $25 ish per week. Our vacuum always has problems,, the filter is always clogged, I have to call him back to back wash it he never does it as part of the service routine. Just wondering if he should be. Wanted some thoughts I don’t know about pools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 01:15 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
I looked in the alley and it doesn’t look like he backwashed it. Pool bottom is dirty so I turn it on to run it a couple hours to clean up from the monsoon.

The underwater jet starts blowing out pure dirt/filth. Within 20 seconds our water is now complete filth. Awesome.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:48 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,148,805 times
Backwashing the pool is not a weekly thing. I only do that once the PSI in the filter is over normal range.

Yes they should be cleaning out the filters and sweeping the pool at a minimum.

If you are upset with the pool maintenance, educate yourself and do it yourself. We kept a pool service for a little while as I figured it was worth it if they were using their own chemicals. After I caught them using mine, they were out. Course if it is part of your rental agreement...keep calling them until they do what they are supposed to do. Take photos and send them to the landlord. If the pool is not being maintained properly, that can cost the landlord a ton of money in repairs.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:02 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Guessing the landlord pays $25 ish per week, Wanted some thoughts I don’t know about pools.

There is your sign " LANDLORD "

Take the time to understand basic pool maintenance, you'll be very surprised

You could actually save yourself and " LANDLORD " some $ $ $

Old 07-10-2018, 04:10 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Complain to your landlord. It's not your house and not your problem.

Putting that aside, pool maintenance is easy, but expensive and time consuming.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:59 PM

94 posts, read 84,739 times
$25.00 per week? Never seen even close to that price.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:01 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catosmato View Post
$25.00 per week? Never seen even close to that price.
No? What do you pay?

Old 07-11-2018, 10:24 AM

843 posts, read 565,302 times
We pay $25 to ASP for our pool in Gilbert. Just started this year, the water looks good, so far they seem to only skim out the debris, clean the basket, test the water, and add 3-4 chlorine tabs into the floating dispenser. We asked them to vacuum since we saw some dirt. They said they did so this Monday but they did not see any dirt, just a few leaves since our pop-up system was keeping it clean. I kind of expected them to say that, but the wife wanted me to ask them to vacuum. It did seem like the dirt is embedded into the crevices in the textured material and may need to be scrubbed somehow, not sure yet exactly how that's done. Maybe a stiff bristle broom?

Old 07-12-2018, 07:49 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Stradivarius View Post
We pay $25 to ASP for our pool in Gilbert. Just started this year, the water looks good, so far they seem to only skim out the debris, clean the basket, test the water, and add 3-4 chlorine tabs into the floating dispenser. We asked them to vacuum since we saw some dirt. They said they did so this Monday but they did not see any dirt, just a few leaves since our pop-up system was keeping it clean. I kind of expected them to say that, but the wife wanted me to ask them to vacuum. It did seem like the dirt is embedded into the crevices in the textured material and may need to be scrubbed somehow, not sure yet exactly how that's done. Maybe a stiff bristle broom?
Sounds like maybe an acid wash is in order. The dirt combines with calcium and gets in the pebble tec finish.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:29 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,744,599 times
They should dump the baskets, brush where needed, backwash when necessary (not weekly), maintain chemical balance. We pay $95 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: