Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:28 AM

26 posts, read 65,423 times

Advertisements

We fly down tonight to close on our new house in Mesa tomorrow. I am soooo excited!! Just wish we were actually moving right now. Still have to sell the house in Iowa. But we will be sitting on the patio at the new place tomorrow afternoon, listening to the Cub's game and enjoying a refreshing cold beverage!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 07:17 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,226,477 times
Congratulations and welcome to Arizona

Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 AM

26 posts, read 65,423 times
Thanks!! This is a move we've been considering for several years. The original plan was to wait until we were ready to retire but we finally decided life is too short to wait any longer. So, here we come..........

Old 08-14-2008, 07:53 AM

837 posts, read 2,335,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker Fan View Post
Thanks!! This is a move we've been considering for several years. The original plan was to wait until we were ready to retire but we finally decided life is too short to wait any longer. So, here we come..........
Now you're talking! Welcome and good luck!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:54 AM

175 posts, read 464,939 times
Quote:
We fly down tonight to close on our new house in Mesa tomorrow. I am soooo excited!! Just wish we were actually moving right now. Still have to sell the house in Iowa. But we will be sitting on the patio at the new place tomorrow afternoon, listening to the Cub's game and enjoying a refreshing cold beverage!!
Speaking of the Cubs, they do have a large fan base here so you should feel right at home during spring training and when they are in town playing the D-Backs during the summer. You will like Mesa.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:27 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,352,058 times
Welcome to Arizona!

Be patient with the tough goings, live life to the fullest, and if you give living here a real honest chance it will become home for you. Enjoy!

Old 08-15-2008, 08:21 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,177 times
Default welcome!

Quote:
update us on how long you last on the patio.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:37 PM

162 posts, read 543,323 times
Quote:
Welcome to the valley!!! Like your Nic...my fiance and I moved here at the end of May from Lincoln! We both just graduated from UNL and now work in PHX. Of course...we are HUGE Husker fans!!

Old 08-16-2008, 02:05 PM

943 posts, read 2,521,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
update us on how long you last on the patio.
I predict they will last for hours on the patio today. They will talk about the dry heat and how it really isn't too bad. Next week, they will talk about how it is too hot to sit out there for too long. The following week they won't go outside. Oh yeah, I think I'm talking about myself!

Old 08-16-2008, 11:34 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,177 times
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by military spouse View Post
I predict they will last for hours on the patio today. They will talk about the dry heat and how it really isn't too bad. Next week, they will talk about how it is too hot to sit out there for too long. The following week they won't go outside. Oh yeah, I think I'm talking about myself!
look on the bright side, we are got it half beat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: