Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,763,445 times

Advertisements

Bobcat sightings reported in Sun City Grand

Quote:
Bobcat sightings in Sun City Grand

Some Sun City Grand residents recently reported seeing four bobcats strolling through the retirement community, according to the community's director. A community e-mail said some residents reported what appeared to be an adult bobcat and three half-grown kittens walking near yards and searching under bushes. Police were called, but the department responds only to wildlife calls involving attacks.
What should I do if I encounter a bobcat?
Do not panic, according to the Arizona Game and Fish Department Web site. It is not uncommon to find one sauntering near shrubbery in backyards in the Valley. It is rare that bobcats attack people. If they do, they probably are rabid. Game and fish experts say residents can either enjoy the company of the bobcats or "discourage" them.
How do I discourage them?
Scare them off with loud noises or spray with a hose.
If the animal is confined in a gated yard, open the gate and allow it to leave on its own. If it is still there the next day, call a wildlife control business or the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
If there are kittens in the area, consider letting them stay a few weeks until the kittens are big enough to leave.
Where should I turn in case of an emergency
Call the Arizona Game and Fish Department at 602-942-3000 between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. After hours, a radio dispatcher is available at 623-236-7201.
One of the reasons why I wouldnt live on the outskirts of town. Hide your cats and yippy dogs folk, or they will become dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 06:16 PM

214 posts, read 691,643 times
Absolutely, no doubt about it. Bobcats are rare so making noises could scare them off, if they have kits well, who knows. Good you put this up.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
You're talking about Sun City Grand in Surprise, not Sun City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: