Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 PM

71 posts, read 155,536 times

Advertisements

Hi I found a house in zip code 85021 on W. Cinnabar Ave. for $37,900. It's a 3br/1 bath ranch style, built in 1951, with central refrigeration and electric heat and a 2 car carport. From the realtor photo you can see the mountains in the background. What am I missing? The schools don't matter coz my daughter is an adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 11:18 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,416,255 times
$37k for a house? What's wrong with the house? Does it have a roof?

What is the cross street on cinnabar?

Old 01-06-2009, 11:25 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,998,264 times
The catch is, that's sunnyslope, and parts of Sunnyslope aren't the best.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:27 PM

Ahh, I thought cinnabar sounded familiar. If you like living in little mexico, go ahead and move, but I would NOT suggest it, Sunnyslope is a bad area.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:32 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,925 times
I looked it up and it is at Dunlap & 7th Ave. It is not the best neighborhood (Sunnyslope) but the community is trying to improve here and there. It is a bank owned property and from the pictures it looks like it will need some work. It may be 3 bedrooms and 1 bath but it is only 762 sq. ft. which means it is not much bigger than some 1 bedroom apartments. The lot is 6000 sq. ft. which, considering the size of the house, is ok. My best advice is to have a thorough inspection before purchasing and really see what you might have to spend to make it livable. Because it is bank owned, the bank will pay for no repairs and is selling it as is. Good Luck.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:40 AM

I work right by there, it's a horrible area.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM

71 posts, read 155,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
I looked it up and it is at Dunlap & 7th Ave. It is not the best neighborhood (Sunnyslope) but the community is trying to improve here and there. It is a bank owned property and from the pictures it looks like it will need some work. It may be 3 bedrooms and 1 bath but it is only 762 sq. ft. which means it is not much bigger than some 1 bedroom apartments. The lot is 6000 sq. ft. which, considering the size of the house, is ok. My best advice is to have a thorough inspection before purchasing and really see what you might have to spend to make it livable. Because it is bank owned, the bank will pay for no repairs and is selling it as is. Good Luck.
Thanks for the inut. It sounded to good to be true. It's interesting that the ad does not say anything about the being bank owned and there was only one picture. Where did you see it the listing? I think I'll keep looking, any suggestions?

Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjohn View Post
Thanks for the inut. It sounded to good to be true. It's interesting that the ad does not say anything about the being bank owned and there was only one picture. Where did you see it the listing? I think I'll keep looking, any suggestions?
I have access to the MLS because of my being a realtor which gives me more info than you can get from websites like realtor.com. I have to be straight forward in that if you are looking only in this price range....the properties are all going to have obstacles, whether it be location, major repair issues, etc. Even with the amount of foreclosures, bank owned, and auction properties available, you will still need to do your "due diligence" or that bargain will cost you a whole lot more in the long run. The only other suggestion I have for you is that you yourself really need to physically look at these properties or have a local designated representative, whom you trust, to screen these properties for you and to set up an inspection of the property before purchasing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area