Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Phoenix area jobs, accounting recruiters, how to find employment, no degreed accounting jobs, networking, interviews, qualified applicants, turnover, candidate rejection

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 09:56 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,180 times

Advertisements

My resume is still in a database that recruiters apparently pull from and I get calls for various HR manager and manufacturing operations manager opportunities in various locations.

It might just be me or my background but my skillset isn't that rare/specialized. I have had quite a few calls from recruiters looking for HR (not so much manufacturing) in the Phoenix area so it doesn't sound like the area is too bad. I don't know what the COL is there but the salaries they mention seem on the high end.

I know a lot of people would kill to move to Phoenix but I'm wishing that a golden opportunity in Syracuse, Buffalo, or even my current location would call
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 10:34 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHATENEWJERSEY View Post
To anybody that has relocated to Phoenix Area lately, how did you find your job? I talked to two accounting recruiters today, and they indicated that there is absolutely no accounting jobs, not even for a degreed experienced accountant. I have my heart set on moving to the Phoenix area. My Mom lives in Surprise, so I have a place to stay while I search, to live for free. I see alot of jobs advertised on Career Builder, Jobing .com, and Monster.com. Do these jobs even exist? Are companies not using recruiters as much anymore due to the demaged economy?

Thanks all so much for your answers!!!!!!!!
Have you checked local state and federal job listings? government agencies hire lots of accountants.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:59 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
My resume is still in a database that recruiters apparently pull from and I get calls for various HR manager and manufacturing operations manager opportunities in various locations.

It might just be me or my background but my skillset isn't that rare/specialized. I have had quite a few calls from recruiters looking for HR (not so much manufacturing) in the Phoenix area so it doesn't sound like the area is too bad. I don't know what the COL is there but the salaries they mention seem on the high end.

I know a lot of people would kill to move to Phoenix but I'm wishing that a golden opportunity in Syracuse, Buffalo, or even my current location would call
As far as COL, not too bad. I earn $52k/year and am able to live right downtown in a brand new apartment, paying $1,300/month in rent, just about 30% of my income; but that is the HIGH end generally. The median one bedroom in the Valley is $850/month, and if you're willing to live in the ghetto, you can rent a one bedroom for $500/month or less. For a house, median ranch in the valley is in the high $200k's

Old 11-27-2017, 12:34 PM

90 posts, read 69,480 times
Hi OP,

I moved here from the Midwest. I used LinkedIn and emailed recruiters or hiring managers directly. I reached out on recruiter websites, and was very aggressive.

I also told everyone I reached out to I was moving here, and I would personally fly myself out and pay for it. I did not bluff and took a week in May to come out and met recruiters face to face after a 6 1/2 hour flight here, along with taking on-sites throughout Phoenix. If you're serious, they're serious, too. I interviewed at most major banks in the area along with a few startups. I was able to secure a senior management position in the area. I was lucky that my wife's job (cardiologist) paid all moving expenses, so I looked a bit more attractive, but it was a lot of grinding and getting told no, but you'll get a job.

Usually in March budgets get approved and hiring starts anew. It will be pretty dry until then, in my opinion. You won't get too much until then. Businesses are on cruise control right now.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:25 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
This thread is over 8 years old and the OP hasn’t been back since 2011.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:30 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
This thread is over 8 years old and the OP hasn’t been back since 2011.
True, but newtoaz20172 is new to C-D and doesn't know about "zombie threads" and "one-and-doners" yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area