Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times

Advertisements

We have been looking at homes in Gilbert, under the assumption that my husband's transfer would be to his company's Tempe plant, but now we have found out that he may be transferred to their plant in Glendale, which is west of the 101 and just north of Camelback Rd. We really like the East Valley, but we realize that the commute would be ridiculous from Gilbert, so we have broadened our options. Our realtor has sent us info on properties in Peoria which look just as nice as the homes that we have been looking at in Gilbert, but IDK, we just can't get excited about Peoria (unless someone here can very highly recommend it, tell us of a great high school out there, and fill us in on shopping and dining options that would make it as attractive to us as the East Valley), plus, if my husband ends up ultimately getting transferred to the Tempe plant after working at the Glendale plant for a while, which is what he wants, then Peoria would be a ridiculous commute. Since our son will be attending the downtown campus of ASU and living at home, we also need a reasonable commute for him. Are there any areas in Phoenix itself that would be a reasonable commute to west Glendale or Tempe (the 10 and Elliot Rd.) for my husband and downtown for our son that are safe and have great amenities? We prefer the newer homes such as those in the subdivisions in Gilbert. We are already working with a wonderful realtor, but I also want to get some opinions from other locals on what would be a good area if we don't move to Peoria or Gilbert. I am an RN who can't get a job until August at the earliest, so since I don't know where I'll be working, my commute will have to be the secondary consideration, especially since it appears that I would be working 12 hr. shifts only three times a week and not commuting during peak rush hour time.

Thanks!

Last edited by canudigit; 05-13-2009 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area