Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 03:54 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,019,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
Any word of fire restrictions? I called and all I got was recorded message that didn't help much.

We decided on woods canyon lake also.
I think restrictions are low since it has been quite wet in the high country/rim country. I can't wait to go camping!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 02:30 PM

58 posts, read 203,833 times
I don't know if its appropriate to leave and update to my trip on this thread but i'm doing it anyway. We went up to the "rim country" on Sunday...didn't leave til 9:30am. Very pretty drive up there. (3 hours) We stopped at the ranger/visitor's station at the junction of 260 and rim road to get info to ask where we could camp. They gave us a map and told us we could either go to a developed campsite (bathroom, trash, etc.) or a dispersed site ( no amenities). Even though it can be crowded up there on weekends everyone was headed home so we could have camped anywhere we wanted. We chose the dispersed camping as its free and its right on the rim. I could see the mountains from our tent. There was also a picnic table and you are pretty far away from your neighbors..though we only had two visible neighbors. As stated above..you can have a fire right now..which is good cuz i was cold in the evening & morning! We drove to Woods Canyon Lake the day we got there and just found a spot and hung out. It was really nice. Next time I'd rather go to a bigger lake, but this was perfect for how I was feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area