Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 01:26 AM

7 posts, read 16,775 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of getting married in April 2010 in the Phoenix area and would like an outdoor wedding. We want some place that has lots of green trees and flowers (not cactus or desert). And we need something that is affordable.

Also we are looking for any reception sites that are affordable too.

We are wanting to spend maybe $2000 for the ceremony and reception for about 40-50 people. Doesn't have to be super fancy, but we don't want it cheesy or trashy.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!! Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 01:56 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,928 times
I am actually planning a reception in Phoenix right now too. I can tell you that April is going to be VERY hot for an outdoor wedding, should be at least 90 by then, but it may be bearable for some.

Are you looking to spend $2k on both the reception and ceremony, or $2k total for both? That is a tight budget, you probably won't be able to have a open bar, or much food depending on the place you rent out. You may be able to just buy your own stuff and just find someone to serve everything to save a few bucks.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,667 times
I agree- it's already to warm in April in the valley of the sun.
An outdoor wedding in Phoenix would be better in say November through February.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:21 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I agree- it's already to warm in April in the valley of the sun.
An outdoor wedding in Phoenix would be better in say November through February.
Good grief. What wimps. Early April would be just fine, particularly early in the day.

And, April is one of the driest months. November through February, for what it's worth, is rainy/cloudy season here.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,917,639 times
Encanto Park

Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 AM

16 posts, read 102,179 times
I got married this year April 5th. I found this cute littles spot perfect for 50 guests in a cute outdoor ceremony. It was in downtown Gibert under a farmhouse pavilliopn. There are great spots for pictures there too. If you google chapel at the farm in gilbert . You will come up with the website... rev Amy was the one who married us. She has packages in your budget if you want like a brunch reception. I have pictures too if you like. Good luck!
Also the weather was perfect! not too hot not too cold...nice breeze! i couldn't have asked for a better day!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:39 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffers1982 View Post
I got married this year April 5th. I found this cute littles spot perfect for 50 guests in a cute outdoor ceremony. It was in downtown Gibert under a farmhouse pavilliopn. There are great spots for pictures there too. If you google chapel at the farm in gilbert . You will come up with the website... rev Amy was the one who married us. She has packages in your budget if you want like a brunch reception. I have pictures too if you like. Good luck!
Also the weather was perfect! not too hot not too cold...nice breeze! i couldn't have asked for a better day!
Sounds like something from "My Big Redneck Wedding" show on CMT.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:16 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,272 times
Back in 2001, I got married at a lake in Litchfield Park. It was a very nice outdoor wedding, and there were plenty of trees and grass. Since it was July, we started early before the heat became unbearable--it turned out to be a very pleasant morning. Best of all, it was free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: