Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,275 times

Advertisements

Thinking about moving to the Moon Valley Neighborhood. Any thoughts? Is it an area that is still developing strong? Or is there worry of depreciating neighborhoods moving in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 01:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,394 times
What are the cross roads? It's hard to tell without knowing exactly where it is...

Old 02-24-2010, 02:52 AM

382 posts, read 1,356,444 times
Moon Valley is7th Street and Cactus and I would say probably up north to Greenway Pkwy. East/west I would say Cave Creek to 19th Ave. I'm guessing on the boundaries, but I know that it starts at 7th and Cactus and goes north from there. Drive through there a lot. Decent neighborhoods. I'm not sure whether the upper scale homes in the NE area fall in Moon Valley or not.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,443,128 times
Moon Valley as most of us know it is a good sized area that doesn't have any new construction, so I wouldn't say it's "developing strong", if that's what you mean. There are some really lovely neighborhoods in that area, though, and others that are still fine but not such large homes. It's generally a good area, but for more specific info we'd need a more specific location.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:36 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,505,412 times
I remember looking at homes in and around Moon Valley shortly after I moved here.

It's a beautiful part of northern Phoenix away from most of the traffic and stress, but was a little pricey for me at the time and a little too much of a commute if I remember correctly.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:39 AM

162 posts, read 430,997 times
there are areas in moon valley neighborhood that you don't want to be in, but 7th street from Thunderbird going north is nice. We lived at 19th ave and cactus which is still considered moon valley right next to the mountain there, and it's not an area I would want to live in. Mountains are beautiful, but we've had some issues with not so desirable neighbors. That area is just too close to the sunnyslope ghetto. What a bummer, because otherwise it has such incredible potential. Especially that area where 7thave and 15th ave hit the mountains (on the south side) I wish they would bulldoze that area and let people build decent looking houses and transplant the scum to South Phoenix where they belong.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,422,888 times
I really like the style of the homes in the Moon Valley area, especially along 7th St, unique compared to the look-a-like homes they're building now.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:42 AM

9 posts, read 15,321 times
I am pretty familiar with that area. The neighborhood is very nice around the country club and around the Pointe at South Mtn. It has a good centralized location , but is butted up to an undesirable area. You coud avoid that though. I would be worried about schooling options there because the public schools would have children from all areas. There are some good private schools close by. When the economy was boming, people were buying some of the houses around the country club and remodeling them or knocking them down and rebuilding McMansions. There is still a lair amount of wealthy people in the area, and the houses have kept their value more than the far out suburbs.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:46 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,422,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbirdie View Post
I am pretty familiar with that area. The neighborhood is very nice around the country club and around the Pointe at South Mtn. It has a good centralized location , but is butted up to an undesirable area. You coud avoid that though. I would be worried about schooling options there because the public schools would have children from all areas. There are some good private schools close by. When the economy was boming, people were buying some of the houses around the country club and remodeling them or knocking them down and rebuilding McMansions. There is still a lair amount of wealthy people in the area, and the houses have kept their value more than the far out suburbs.
Moon Valley is not anywhere near South Mountain, do you mean North Mountain? The Pointe Tapatio is on North Mountain which is near the moon valley area, but not in it.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,443,128 times
I suppose it's depending on how you exactly define Moon Valley, I'd include the Pointe Tapatio in that area. I'm sure the poster meant that and not South Mountain. And, it isn't just the area around the country club that has nice neighborhoods, it's all along 7th St, (as Karma said) and along Thunderbird on the south side, not just the country club area on the north side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area