Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 02:55 PM

37 posts, read 151,715 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Glad to see you had a nice time in Cincy! Just wondering though if you had considered touring the Underground Railroad Freedom Center while you were here? Not only does it have breathtaking exhibits and heart breaking re-telling of historical occurences, but it is also a VERY economical educational experience as well.

I highly recommend you visit the Freedom Center the next time you are in town...

Cincynurse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincynurse View Post
Hello,

Glad to see you had a nice time in Cincy! Just wondering though if you had considered touring the Underground Railroad Freedom Center while you were here? Not only does it have breathtaking exhibits and heart breaking re-telling of historical occurences, but it is also a VERY economical educational experience as well.

I highly recommend you visit the Freedom Center the next time you are in town...

Cincynurse
Thanks for the suggestion. That was actually a site I had wanted to see as well, but we ran out of time. I was only able to squirrel away five vacation days from my employer, and Greater Cincinnati simply has too much to see and do for such a short timespan. I find stories of the Underground Railroad to be quite fascinating. In fact, I snapped this image of a refuge here in historic Lewisburg, PA:

I definitely want to make a second trip to the area next year, and I'll be sure to scope out the Underground Railroad Freedom Center.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:59 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you had a good time in my hometown. Don't get too bummed out about locals asking you why you'd come here for vacation, we just don't consider this a vacation mecca. It's a nice place to live, get an education, and raise a family, but not what we'd call exciting. We can't wait to leave here to take our vacations at the beach, in the mountains, etc. Glad you got to try Cincinnati chili and other local delicacies! BTW most people here call that bridge the Big Mac Bridge and I agree with you we need mass transit!

Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,881 times
Like the pictures as it truly represents a typical day in Cinci, cloudy and gray. As for one of the comments in this post, the Union Station/IMAX theatre/geo history Museum always comes out nice. I had few years old Sony digital camera. I got brilliant pictures of the place especially the pics I had the fountain in.

I am planning to go up the Carew tower to take some pictures as soon as I get my new SLR. Cant wait to take pictures on a sunny day!!!

By the way, very nice pictures of the Lewisberg Freedom Center.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:43 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Well, the Cincy pictures made me a little homesick, but we have to take my grandaughter to Childrens Hospital the first of Feb, so I will get my "Flat land, big sky fix" when I go on up 71 to Wilmington to see my brother then on to Springfield to see my son..I remember using the old Union Train Sation way back in the early sixties when I was in the Army I was born in Lockland many years ago..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography