Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 02:48 PM

24,586 posts, read 17,327,951 times

Advertisements

I have too many hobbies and not enough cash to be a master at any of them and that is why I like to keep things simple, and buy things that are good enough without breaking the bank.
So far I like the flash that CHTransplant listed.
Amazon.com: Yongnuo YN-468 II i-TTL Speedlite Flash With LCD Display, for Nikon: Camera & Photo

I like the swivel, tilt head and if I can attach it to my Nikon and have it work on auto that would fit what I'm looking for.
Any Pros or Cons on this flash or any better ones out there not mentioned yet?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 08:22 PM

743 posts, read 2,276,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Just for clarification, as the OP has limited knowledge of flashes: The 560s are all manual. Other YN flashes have TTL capability.

OP - what this means is that you can put your camera on auto, your flash on TTL, and fire away without worrying about settings too much. This will give you an opportunity to learn how to use a flash very easily.
Yes sorry about that thanks for briefly explaining this to the OP.
The yn 565ex and the 568ex are ettl flashes.. And they have these applications for both canon and Nikon..

Old 05-14-2014, 07:13 AM

I have been looking at flashes on Amazon and Ebay but haven't "released that shutter" yet. I like the suggestion to go with a Yongnuo. They seem to have more features than I would ever use or maybe I could eventually learn them and they seem to have way more positive reviews than negatives.
You folks have given me lots to think about and I believe I need to up my original budget to get into the yn 565 range. The yn568 is another jump in cost. From the start I wanted a flash I can attach to my Nikon 3100 and have it work automatic with the camera.
I saw a bundled pack with a yn560 III with a RF603 remote trigger which sounds like it could be fun for $88.39 but I'm pretty certain the yn560 is a manual flash.
Decisions decisions....

Old 05-14-2014, 08:37 AM

743 posts, read 2,276,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I have been looking at flashes on Amazon and Ebay but haven't "released that shutter" yet. I like the suggestion to go with a Yongnuo. They seem to have more features than I would ever use or maybe I could eventually learn them and they seem to have way more positive reviews than negatives.
You folks have given me lots to think about and I believe I need to up my original budget to get into the yn 565 range. The yn568 is another jump in cost. From the start I wanted a flash I can attach to my Nikon 3100 and have it work automatic with the camera.
I saw a bundled pack with a yn560 III with a RF603 remote trigger which sounds like it could be fun for $88.39 but I'm pretty certain the yn560 is a manual flash.
Decisions decisions....
Good luck
Yes the yn560 III is an all manual flash.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:06 AM

13,248 posts, read 21,870,354 times
The RF603's aren't TTL so it makes sense to pair them with a manual flash. Honestly, manual is the way to go for off-camera flash. For on-camera, TTL is usually fine.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:05 PM

I finally clicked the shutter and bought a Yongnuo speedlite YN 468-II . I liked the TTL capability and the price point.
I just tried it out in TTL mode and took several test shots in a darkened room. A few were way over exposed but a few using bounce looked pretty good. It does illuminate the room better then the stock camera flash does but I will need to experiment further with it. I bought it primarily for my real estate business so until I feel good with it I will take 2 sets of photos one with and one without the Yongnuo.
Thanks for all the info.

Todd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography