Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:43 AM

687 posts, read 2,032,608 times

Advertisements

I love the "Red" themed assignment but have photos that aren't "fresh" but would love to share and also hope that others have some as well.

Care to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 12:44 PM

Almost like color vibrations

Cherry tomatoes

Red Noses

Hues of red/pink

Cherries!

Red against the grey

Flyaway Leaf

Crimson Tree

Cranberries

Christmas Girl

Strawberry Pie

After posting these I realize I must like red. It must be in my auburn roots.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:47 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Now I want a cherry pie and a strawberry shortcake and cranberry sauce and ..... Well off to the kitchen I go.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:48 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Mi_Mom, I love all your shots...now the cherry tomatoes make me wonder...you either 1) have a very tall tomato plant, 2) are one of the little people or 3) you have been kissing the ground taking the shot at that angle. In any event, great color, and sky exposure!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Now I want a cherry pie and a strawberry shortcake and cranberry sauce and ..... Well off to the kitchen I go.
So you're saying I should stop posting my food shots? You wanted my grapefruits earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Mi_Mom, I love all your shots...now the cherry tomatoes make me wonder...you either 1) have a very tall tomato plant, 2) are one of the little people or 3) you have been kissing the ground taking the shot at that angle. In any event, great color, and sky exposure!
Thanks Bitbit! nope...you called the shot right. I'm one of those weird people who you see laying in odd positions sometimes to get a shot. Like in the water droplets shots in a thread hear (I think FedUpWNY started it) i lay on the ground to get a different angle of a water drop cradled on the leaf.

I lay down on the deck of a friend to take the photo of the tomatoes to get the blue sky background. You caught me. Though I think I might rather go with something more interesting like a little person or jack in the beanstalk type tomato plant.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:16 PM

I know what ya mean about laying down on the job for the shot. I used to do it often. When I was a little more limber in the spine that is. In one of the threads for sports action I posted a shot of a barefoot water ski jumper. That was taken with me laying in the mud with my nose almost in the water with the camera on a 6" mini tripod. Glad to see ya don't have the 5' syndrome. And keep posting red food. I'll survive.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:20 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
Hey! What's wrong with the 5' syndrome?
Love the shots! Mi_Mom, I can't rep you yet, but I would!

Old 08-26-2008, 07:23 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
All good photographers go down and dirty to capture that elusive moment! Me, I'm still rather prissy at this point! When I start flashing a camera that has long lenses, I'd look serious for real, and then maybe taken seriously. Until then, and until I can practice yoga contortionist positions, I'd rather not pull a muscle. Maybe this weekend!

BTW, I HAVE the 5' syndrome. Got a problem with that, huh?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
5' Syndrome is when you hold the camera to your eye and shoot. You never get down for a dramatic perspective or climb up high for the same. Just never a fore thought about the perspective and background. Nothing to do with being 5' tall.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I know what ya mean about laying down on the job for the shot. I used to do it often. When I was a little more limber in the spine that is. In one of the threads for sports action I posted a shot of a barefoot water ski jumper. That was taken with me laying in the mud with my nose almost in the water with the camera on a 6" mini tripod. Glad to see ya don't have the 5' syndrome. And keep posting red food. I'll survive.
LOL I will have to go take a peek at that shot Nomadicus. Like you said...for me it's what I want the perspective to say sometimes. Like...how can I see this in another way instead of standing up and shooting. I've never heard of 5' foot syndrome but I'm glad I read on. I was gonna claim it was 5'3 syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Love the shots! Mi_Mom, I can't rep you yet, but I would!
Thanks Mookster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
All good photographers go down and dirty to capture that elusive moment! Me, I'm still rather prissy at this point! When I start flashing a camera that has long lenses, I'd look serious for real, and then maybe taken seriously. Until then, and until I can practice yoga contortionist positions, I'd rather not pull a muscle. Maybe this weekend!

BTW, I HAVE the 5' syndrome. Got a problem with that, huh?
I'm more concerned on getting the camera dirty for now...not myself. LOL about the yoga contortionist comment.

Quote:
5' Syndrome is when you hold the camera to your eye and shoot. You never get down for a dramatic perspective or climb up high for the same. Just never a fore thought about the perspective and background. Nothing to do with being 5' tall.
I'd never heard of it before but I like the saying. Very insighful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography