Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:28 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,544,696 times

Advertisements

I've been dahntawn n'at about 8 times in the last two weeks. Circe soleil in the strip, Westside Story downtown, City Theater on the southside, 3 Bucco games, and the arts festival. It's great to see so many people out and about, What recession?

Last Saturday was just great. We went to the arts festival and the jazz fest. Saw a great band from NY, walked through the festival, had a few brew at a local pub, watched the SkyBlast from the Clemente bridge, then went to the Sonoma Grill where they had an open mike jazz session. So much talent, I can only imagine it was like that at the old Crawford Grille back in the day. And with all the Philly fans in town, I'm sure the local businessmen made some cash.

Last night was pretty much the same, sellout crowd at PNC, people everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 01:12 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,697,769 times
Pride fest is taking over as well. Lots of people in town for that.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronClark View Post
Pride fest is taking over as well. Lots of people in town for that.
Yeah that might account for 50 or so.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:37 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
I would love to see the pulse of the city now....I was just on the phone with one of my girls and she was telling me its getting easier to get Cabs now, she's glad of that.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:10 PM

674 posts, read 1,412,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Not quite. It was absolutely packed downtown. Wasn't at the Pridefest but could see them from a few blocks down. Thousands of people. Closed off a bunch of streets, which annoyed the crap out of me because it took me about 20 minutes longer than it should've to get to my garage.

Tons of people downtown this afternoon for the Arts Festival. Lots of overlap between the two. Plus the Pirates game. Tons and tons of people downtown today.

What's sad is that the downtown restaurants don't pay attention to the events schedule and open up outside of their normal times. My mom and I wanted to go somewhere for lunch (we had my toddler with us) and ended up eating at crApplebees out in the 'burbs because nothing downtown was open for lunch today. Normally I can understand being closed for lunch on a Sunday downtown, but the Market Square businesses could've made a killing.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:23 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghgirl17 View Post
What's sad is that the downtown restaurants don't pay attention to the events schedule and open up outside of their normal times. My mom and I wanted to go somewhere for lunch (we had my toddler with us) and ended up eating at crApplebees out in the 'burbs because nothing downtown was open for lunch today. Normally I can understand being closed for lunch on a Sunday downtown, but the Market Square businesses could've made a killing.
Yeah, if businesses really do care about fostering an active downtown during non-work hours, then they need to stay open during big events.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:52 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghgirl17 View Post
What's sad is that the downtown restaurants don't pay attention to the events schedule and open up outside of their normal times.
Downtown is always dead except for lunch on work days. It has been that way for many years since malls have taken over. The once great Kaufmanns was the last hold out that was really special. Restaurants aren't going to be open much. Downtown is usually dead on the weekends, unless you go to the strip or the South Side. Oh well, it is what it is. Dead.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:32 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,014,869 times
There are places in Downtown open for lunch on Sundays where you can take kids. Grille on Seventh is one of our favorites because you can sit outside and the kids can play in the Agnes Katz Plaza:

Home

Edit: Oh, and a ton of people I know have been going to Pride events.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:42 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post

Edit: Oh, and a ton of people I know have been going to Pride events.
I enjoy going to the parades. They're usually very humorous and colorful, plus on those rare moments my hubby thinks someone is checking him out all that means is he spends more time than usual holding my hand and giving me little smooches. Nothing wrong with that!

Old 06-12-2011, 03:54 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,697,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
More like 4000+.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh