Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:59 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Was this Market District? I'll have to start stopping in more often again if that's the case.
No, it was Whole Foods. I went for dinner (chicken paprikash, mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese), then bought some cheese and bread for today's lunch.

I just got a new pair of glasses, which I picked out because they're large enough to use with bifocals (as opposed to the 2" x 1" rectangles that were all you could buy during the '00s), and it turns out every fourth hipster in town has a pair, including the guy I met at the cheese counter and the guy who smiled at me on the street.

Who knew I would come back in fashion at my advanced age? My new glasses aren't that much different from my first pair, which I got in 7th grade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 07:17 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,776,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escilade18 View Post
Take my advice and NEVER eat their steaks unless you want to choke. They do have good pizza and chicken though lol
I made the mistake of ordering a Golden Corral steak years ago when I was in FL. It was literally one of the worst things I ever tried to eat. It was so leathery and overcooked I had to send it back 3 times, and every time it came back worse than the previous one. I think the last time they just gave up and brought me a catcher's mitt with some steak sauce on it. lol Golden Corral is truly one of the most repulsive restaurants I've ever been to.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:35 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
No, it was Whole Foods. I went for dinner (chicken paprikash, mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese), then bought some cheese and bread for today's lunch.

That sounds good.
Quote:
I just got a new pair of glasses, which I picked out because they're large enough to use with bifocals (as opposed to the 2" x 1" rectangles that were all you could buy during the '00s), and it turns out every fourth hipster in town has a pair, including the guy I met at the cheese counter and the guy who smiled at me on the street.

Who knew I would come back in fashion at my advanced age? My new glasses aren't that much different from my first pair, which I got in 7th grade.
I'll have to shop there more often and be more chatty, lol

Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
Quote:
I just went to the store. I wore a black and green plaid button-down shirt and olive green khakis..
OMG this is too funny--that's remarkably similar to the outfit I have on right now! OK, my shirt is more olive/black plaid then green/black, and my glass are black, not tortoise shell--but close enough. Are you my long lost twin or something?

Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
OMG this is too funny--that's remarkably similar to the outfit I have on right now! OK, my shirt is more olive/black plaid then green/black, and my glass are black, not tortoise shell--but close enough. Are you my long lost twin or something?
Could be. Who knows? Today I have on the same color pants (almost all my pants are this color) and a more-blue-than-green blue-green polo (not Polo) shirt. No socks. Topsiders.

Quote:
I'll have to shop there more often and be more chatty, lol
I'm probably going to eat at WF again tonight (It's my closest store). They're doing construction work in my kitchen, so I won't get to cook tonight.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:11 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,037 times
Quote:
They do say everyone has a twin somewhere.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
They do say everyone has a twin somewhere.
Mine was named David Stone. He lived in Chelsea when I lived in the Village, and though we traveled in somewhat similar circles, I never met him. Dead now, I've heard.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
Quote:
No socks. Topsiders.
Aha! I tend to wear socks. So thank goodness, people will be able to tell us apart. Except on laundry day.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Aha! I tend to wear socks. So thank goodness, people will be able to tell us apart. Except on laundry day.
I've never worn socks when I could get away with it. It has to be a pretty cold day for me to put them on.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:26 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,712,431 times
Quote:
That's what people wear when they shop at Walmart (did you ever see those emails that go around about Walmart shoppers?)
The one that always stuck out to me was this woman I saw at the Giant Eagle in Pine Plaza. She looked to be in her early to mid 20s, totally hot. She was wearing a pair of sweat type shorts that said "Sexy" across the butt. Let's just say these shorts were SO short that you could tell whether or not she had a tan line and a bikini wax. I'm surprised that the manager didn't say something, or that have all of the men in the place weren't following around the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh