Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:50 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,027,473 times

Advertisements

Millvale kids totally vandalized that nice riverfront park. Lots of riffraff in Millvale and tons of wife-beater types that are loud and obnoxious. None of those places are exactly great areas. I do see less issues in Etna. I don't know all that much about it, but go there for that little hardware store now and again and they are nice. That little meat market has a nice owner, but it wasn't...well my cup of tea. Etna seems smaller than the other two. Sharpsburg isn't all that small. They have the nicest post office I have ever been to. Small and the nicest people ever! I go to that one instead of the closest one to me because they are so nice.

The only reason I would choose Millvale is because I can access the bikeway so easily. Also they have that riverfront park. It is a big deal. It is the only one you could walk 35 minutes to a Pirate game. That is kind of cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,806,948 times
Thank you for your replies. So, it looks like Millvale's a place to avoid. What about Spring Garden?

My daughter has a preference for either the Shaler, North Hills or North Allegheny School Districts, since they are higher rated and fairly close to Pittsburgh, with some nice homes under $100k in nice neighborhoods.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:21 PM

377 posts, read 652,889 times
If you think Millvale is a place to avoid then I don't think you would like Spring Garden. Also I think Spring Garden is city schools? I don't think you will find any houses in the NA School District for under 100k. You *might* be able to find something in West View which is N. Hills School District.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:40 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,170,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartchya View Post
If you think Millvale is a place to avoid then I don't think you would like Spring Garden.
Totally agree with you here. Spring Garden has a worse reputation than Millvale. I'd say the same applies to Reserve Township too.

Quote:
Also I think Spring Garden is city schools?
The lower part is city schools. The very upper part is Shaler School District. There might a few side streets that are North Hills School District.

Quote:
I don't think you will find any houses in the NA School District for under 100k.
There is a 2b/1b in McCandless for 58k. In Hampton there is a 3b/1b for 88k and a 2b/1b for 99k. .

Quote:
You *might* be able to find something in West View which is N. Hills School District.
There are a bunch in West View for under 100k.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 PM

377 posts, read 652,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Totally agree with you here. Spring Garden has a worse reputation than Millvale. I'd say the same applies to Reserve Township too.

The lower part is city schools. The very upper part is Shaler School District. There might a few side streets that are North Hills School District.

There is a 2b/1b in McCandless for 58k. In Hampton there is a 3b/1b for 88k and a 2b/1b for 99k. .

I would say West View is the best bet then. Gotta go look up the place in McCandless for 58k!

Old 06-06-2012, 06:01 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,806,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Totally agree with you here. Spring Garden has a worse reputation than Millvale. I'd say the same applies to Reserve Township too
There is a 2b/1b in McCandless for 58k. In Hampton there is a 3b/1b for 88k and a 2b/1b for 99k.
Thanks for the replies! There were a couple that she was considering in Reserve Twp and Spring Garden, so she'll toss those out and stick with West View.

blessings, Shen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh