Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 10:51 AM

15,980 posts, read 7,044,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Aren’t both agents, all realtors, interested in a) selling the house b) get the highest commission possible? I don’t see a conflict of interest here. Both work for the seller. The buyer beware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
I'm sure a realtor who is a seller's agent wants to be known for getting their clients good deals not for making them overpay.
Of course. Their client is the seller - no house, no sale, no commission. They would want to make the sale, and a few thousand this way or that on the price is not a big deal. It is only a big deal if the owner sells his own house - then the difference is money in his pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 12:00 PM

1,524 posts, read 1,313,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Of course. Their client is the seller - no house, no sale, no commission. They would want to make the sale, and a few thousand this way or that on the price is not a big deal. It is only a big deal if the owner sells his own house - then the difference is money in his pocket.
I meant to say buyer's agent in that previous message not seller's. My mistake.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I'm sure a realtor who is a seller's agent wants to be known for getting their clients good deals not for making them overpay.
Quote:
I meant to say buyer's agent in that previous message not seller's. My mistake.
Makes no difference, they both work for the seller.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:21 PM

1,524 posts, read 1,313,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Makes no difference, they both work for the seller.
A buyer's agent signs a contract to work for the buyer though

Old 08-29-2018, 12:51 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,458,529 times
They are supposed to work in the buyers best interest. Which is why 9 times out of 10 calling the name on the sign is dumb, and illegal in some states. A lot of time its a cousin, friend, neighbor as the listing agent..

But you also have bad listing agents who don't. I just did a deal on the buyers side where the listing agent totally reemed(knowingly) these people. Listed it a good 60k low, at really high commission, plus a big broker fee. These poor saps were talking at closing 'wow our house is great we had a dozen offers'...well no. It was an ok house, just super cheap so the agent could put that check in her pocket ASAP.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
A buyer's agent signs a contract to work for the buyer though
Of course, he is going to work at finding a house for you, and also once he shows a house you have to through him and only him. It has always been like that. That does not mean anything more than that, he still needs the seller with the house to earn his money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh