Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 06:11 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
You can be legally fired for being gay in the state of Pennsylvania, outside of Allegheny County, Erie County, Philadelphia, York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Scranton, Centre County, and several other cities and counties which have developed laws to prtoect LGBT citizens from employment discrimination.

There are many states and cities which offer no protection from employment discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Chick Fil A donates money to hate groups that seek to remove employment discrimination protection for the GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) population.

Anyone in this country has the right to believe in and support discrimination of any group, but what does that tell you about the person supporting it, and do you want to support them?
On the one hand, I think Dan Cathy vastly overestimates the impact of statements made by/money donated to such groups by Dan Cathy. On the other hand, I find what he says and does deplorable in principle. Yet on the other other hand, I'm tempted to eat at places like Chik-Fil-A once every several blue moons anyway.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:28 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,036,357 times
That is not to mention the other groups Dan Cathy funds, such as homosexual conversion groups. Can you imagine being a parent and sending your kid to one of those places after he came out to you? From what I understand, they hook up your genitals to be electrocuted every time they flash pictures of a naked man in front of you. And let me assure you, these things are not voluntary for the children / young adults forced into it by their parents. My parents attempted to force me into gay conversion counseling, and gay conversion bootcamp. Yes, these horrors exist and Dan Cathy thinks they are wonderful.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:19 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
From what I understand, they hook up your genitals to be electrocuted every time they flash pictures of a naked man in front of you. And let me assure you, these things are not voluntary for the children / young adults forced into it by their parents. Yes, these horrors exist and Dan Cathy thinks they are wonderful.
Pretty sure that's illegal & does not in fact occur

Old 08-04-2012, 07:36 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,036,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Pretty sure that's illegal & does not in fact occur
It's called "electric shock aversion therapy."

Look it up - YouTube

Old 08-04-2012, 08:32 PM

275 posts, read 628,533 times
Went to Chick-Fil-A today, the one in Monroeville. They make a good chicken sandwich, got two, and waffle fries. Very clean, many families in there, absolutely no problems.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
It's called "electric shock aversion therapy."
Oh, i know what it is, I just cannot find anything from even a borderline credible source that claims that it is something that is still currently used on children in regards to 'curing' homosexuality. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 PM

275 posts, read 628,533 times
Administering punishment (shock therapy) is not and can not be used legally. It was used in the past, and I did read of a case of a child who was very violent, autistic, and the family was petitioning the courts to use shock as a treatment measure. It made the news because it was so extreme and as mentioned it is not used legally. Medication are more effective at curving violent behavior, but prior to the this behaviorism was used extensively.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:32 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Oh, i know what it is, I just cannot find anything from even a borderline credible source that claims that it is something that is still currently used on children in regards to 'curing' homosexuality. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
You could probably cure a lot of things by not talking about them. So if an older child seems feminine and the parents "suspect" they have a gay in the making...and they send the kid away for the "cure" - what happens to the kid who goes through this process who is simply feminine and not gay? Do they turn into something else...? I really don't understand this stuff..What ever happened to the days before gay became a big deal? It's turned into such a confusing world...Bickering about chicken sandwiches and guys making out with guys...

Yah it sure looks like there is a lot of curing to be done on all sides...I get a kick out of these hot button threads that get everyone going...I can't remember there being such turmoil 40 years ago about gays...in fact all this stuff did not exist...As and old lady said to me once- The problem with the world these days is that everyone knows every bodies business...Just give me my chicken sandwich and let me leave.....

Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitts10yrs View Post
Went to Chick-Fil-A today, the one in Monroeville. They make a good chicken sandwich, got two, and waffle fries. Very clean, many families in there, absolutely no problems.
Yeah, it is just a media thing. Great place for a chicken sandwich. Wish there was one closer, but I need to get there. All this talk about that sandwich is making me want one. They are good!! I don't think most normal people are falling for the media silliness. Who cares about it all? No one with a brain.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I said the same thing (and pointed out other real and substantial issues at that) several pages ago. This issue (if you can call it that) has become something of a diversion from discussing the real problems that are tearing apart this country right now.
LOGIC must prevail. As an on looker from north of the boarder. I can say it appears that America is on the very verge of a crisis..that must be focused on and curbed - It's about the survival of a nation- As for anti-gays...Gay are the least of your worries..and not even an issue...I am not pro-gay...nor am I a person too bring harm or distress to anyone..But the harm that awaits your empire is looming much larger than two guys kissing and sharing a chicken sandwich...

The gay issues of the day are a deflection and diversion from real problems- such as personal security for everyone...the economy- foreign policy that is destructive - and worse of all- You have a criminally minded administration that has total disloyalty for the nation..You are being raped and pillaged from behind as you concentrate on the trivial matters of modulating human sexuality....YOU will survive moral sexual turmoil...it will pass..........but you will not survive unless you reform you government and get corporations under firm control...

Gay issues are emotional ones....get out of the self indulgent emotional rut that is nothing but entertainment and get back in the mode of logic...cos if you don't--------------in ten years you will look back in deep regret....Christians and others are throwing stones in the proverbial glass house...wash the windows and have a good look out side and see what is coming- The fall of an empire..an empire when gone that will leave an void never to be filled- a black hole in the side of humanity and the world at large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh