Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 01:09 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Once you and your kind are gone the machine of progress and common sense will pulverize your bones into a fine powder to be used as fertilizer for the gardens of the future.
The 'machine of progress' is likely to lead to the wealthy being able to choose the characteristics of their children before they're born. Are they likely to desire to have homosexual children? No, they're not. Are they likely to want dogmatic, regligious thinking in their children? No, they're not. Both groups will only be born to poor saps who can't afford to genetically alter their progeny. That's assuming anyone but the rich and their servants are permitted to have progeny.

We're maybe 20 years away from this. Enjoy fighting with eachother.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:30 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Sounds like hate to me! LOL!

It's funny these people that proclaim all of this tolerance are the most intolerant and indignant people around.

And yet you haven't lost your job, been harassed, beaten to a pulp, or murdered for being a moron.

Reminds me of people complaining about "The War Against christmas/christians/whitepeople/the affluent/etc"

Old 08-05-2012, 01:33 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,036,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The 'machine of progress' is likely to lead to the wealthy being able to choose the characteristics of their children before they're born. Are they likely to desire to have homosexual children? No, they're not. Are they likely to want dogmatic, regligious thinking in their children? No, they're not. Both groups will only be born to poor saps who can't afford to genetically alter their progeny. That's assuming anyone but the rich and their servants are permitted to have progeny.

We're maybe 20 years away from this. Enjoy fighting with eachother.
The thought of genetically engineered children makes me sick. Fashion babies?

Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,036,357 times
Quote:
What I was saying was that without children, society does not continue. You need a man and woman to have a child and just about every culture in the world from the dawn of time, has had marriage as an institution to bind a man and woman together to provide an environment for a child to be raised. Two gay men invading each others digestive tract or two lesbian women grinding up on one another does not produce a child. Those are the facts of the world.
I'm trying to figure out where you are going with this, and it leaves me scratching my head.

Are you under the assumption that society will not continue if there are gay people in it? Surely, you understand that there will always be heterosexual couples in the world to make children, even if there are also homosexual couples? Maybe you are like my parents, and believe that homosexuals are out there recruiting straight people to join them and give up their heterosexuality. My parents actually believed I was "converted" by crazy homos on the internet.

Or are you under the assumption that gay society cannot continue, since gay couples cannot give birth to a child? Obviously, gays continue to be born to straight parents!

Perhaps you are arguing the validity of gay relationships, since they do not naturally produce children. There are plenty of heterosexual couples who do not produce children.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:21 PM

275 posts, read 628,533 times
Genetic diversity works both for the good and bad, in that it creates a variety of offspring some of which will survive in a changing environment and others that will not. Homosexuality is one of those diverse abnormal oddities in the human gene pool. You certainly can not have a society filled with homosexuals since they would soon die out, and so it is easy to understand the small percentage of homosexuals. You can not say homosexuality is an illness, because they are healthy individuals. I guess it's a matter of what you as a person or society wants to tolerate.

Last edited by Pitts10yrs; 08-05-2012 at 02:29 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 04:09 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
Quote:
it is some how anti gay, when in reality it is pro family.
These efforts are anti gay families, which is actually anti family.

Again, the notion that somehow the existence of gay families takes away from other families makes no sense, so you can't really claim that being against gay families makes you pro other sorts of families.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
These efforts are anti gay families, which is actually anti family.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way for men. I suppose a women can get a donor, which of course comes from a man. You may want to rethink your.... well whatever you are trying to say.

This thread is a hoot. Thanks Love2Golf. We all fell for it hook line AND sinker.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:14 PM

716 posts, read 765,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way for men. I suppose a women can get a donor, which of course comes from a man. You may want to rethink your.... well whatever you are trying to say.

This thread is a hoot. Thanks Love2Golf. We all fell for it hook line AND sinker.
I hate to belabor the obvious here but are you implying that adoption is not an option, or that families who consist of adopted children, be they a heterosexual or homosexual couple, or a single parent, do not constitute a "real" family?

Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl-Cns View Post
I hate to belabor the obvious here but are you implying that adoption is not an option, or that families who consist of adopted children, be they a heterosexual or homosexual couple, or a single parent, do not constitute a "real" family?
Surrogates too, 'n at.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl-Cns View Post
Well of course you can adopt from a heterosexual couple. I mean gays can't have kids, unless assisted by the opposite sex, so don't get too all high and mighty. I didn't make those rules. Single people can adopt as well. Just saying you can't have kids without the opposite sex. A family can be you and a cat or dog. Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh