Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 10:26 AM

1,723 posts, read 2,225,831 times

Advertisements

There are a couple threads already about Luke dropping his reelection bid and both are drifting toward talk about how the field is shaping up for new candidates. Let's start a new one dedicated to who people think will jump in.

Jim Ferlo? Dan Onarato? There could be surprises, too, that come after March 12...apparently Pete Wagner has said he may run as an independent: Ferlo says he hasn't decided on run for Pittsburgh mayor | TribLIVE

Some of this hinges on how prestigous some of these people consider the Mayor of Pittsburgh to be. Would Dan Onarato want to leave his job for that? Is Jim Ferlo going to abandon his Senate seat? Will there be a dark horse non-politician who can carry the day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,594,008 times
I don't know who is going to jump in, but I expect Peduto to win.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:52 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Are there any potential candidates who are younger?

Why didn't an older previous mayors think of the Pittsburgh Promise or work towards making the city more bike friendly?

I'd like to see a mature 30-something with fresh ideas run for office.

We need someone with a more youthful vision for our city----just a more mature version with a thicker skin.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM

112 posts, read 162,006 times
Too soon?

Council District 5*·*About Councilman Corey O'Connor

You know its going to happen eventually. The only question is, when?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:40 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
If he's mature, emotionally stable, and has a thick skin, it's not too soon.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:37 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,186,967 times
I'd like to hear more from Jack Wagner. From all accounts he has served the Commonwealth well as auditor general and has previous experience on city council. I don't know enough about him to form a concrete opinion yet, but apparently he is going to run. And he is a south sider, so he would get my vote.

I'm not thrilled with Peduto, from what little I know of him. He strikes me as the type who is willing to do or say anything that will get him press and advance his cause. I have friends in local politics who state that he does not come off as genuine or sincere at all. That wouldn't make him a bad mayor, just something I've heard.

Alas, I'm no longer a city resident and can't vote. But I will definitely be watching, it should be interesting.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:47 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,225,831 times
I was in a local Brookline social spot a month or so ago and heard someone talking smack on Jack Wagner. Said that that he's the one local Democrat they can't stand. Didn't say why, though, and it was just one guy. Jack Wagner was before my time here. His daughter was our state representative and she seemed to be alright.

I'd like to see Natalia Rudiak run. She won't this time since Peduto is already. I doubt anyone else from City Council will run. But maybe she will, one day.

Last edited by Clint.; 03-02-2013 at 07:49 PM..

Old 03-03-2013, 01:04 PM

480 posts, read 611,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyt4579 View Post
Too soon?

Council District 5*·*About Councilman Corey O'Connor

You know its going to happen eventually. The only question is, when?
Way too soon. What has he done so far after like a year in office?

Old 03-03-2013, 01:05 PM

480 posts, read 611,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
I was in a local Brookline social spot a month or so ago and heard someone talking smack on Jack Wagner. Said that that he's the one local Democrat they can't stand. Didn't say why, though, and it was just one guy. Jack Wagner was before my time here. His daughter was our state representative and she seemed to be alright.

I'd like to see Natalia Rudiak run. She won't this time since Peduto is already. I doubt anyone else from City Council will run. But maybe she will, one day.

Rudiak is tight with Peduto and supporting him so she won't get in. I'd look for Darlene Harris to get in along with Ferlo, Jake Wheatley and Jack Wagner.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:31 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,979 times
Not to be a wiseass, but I betcha if either Hines Ward or Jerome Bettis ran, they'd be elected in a landslide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh