Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:22 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,095,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Keep trying to promote your neighborhood there Lobick. Good luck to you.

SchoolDigger Ranks Pittsburgh Perry High School 621st of 676 Pennsylvania public high schools. (See school ranking list.)
Feel free to note that at no point in this thread did I recommend the Northside to the OP since the commute wouldn't be particularly good to Oakland at the moment and it isn't really a good match for her expressed preferences. That would, of course, require reading what I've written, which you've repeatedly demonstrated is not your strongpoint.

I'm sure I'll regret the tangent but, by way of answer to your barb... My kids don't have to go to Perry, like yours must go to Fox Chapel. There are many choices and programs in large, urban school districts, Curtis. Magnets, charters, additional programs

It is precisely families and children like mine that the PPS needs. They will be just fine, even if they/ we do decide to send them to Perry, which may be a vastly different place in ten years.

Certainly, "SchoolDigger" rankings aren't going to dictate where my family and I will live or be most happy. You have the vested interest in propping up the "suburban schools" meme as the only path for "responsible parenting" and all the costs, both actual and opportunity, that it entails. I've moved on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 08:26 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,898,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Polish Hill didn't become "trendy" until I started blowing smoke up its derriere a few years ago all over the Internet.
IOW, you have only yourself to blame for the Great East End Housing Crisis. Maybe you should apply those lips again and suck the smoke back out.

Last edited by jay5835; 06-11-2013 at 08:37 AM..

Old 06-11-2013, 08:33 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobick View Post

It is precisely families and children like mine that the PPS needs.
I fully agree. What you are doing is exactly what the PPS needs and I wish there were TONS of families that would do the same thing, but at this time you are a pioneer. Some kids will no doubt get a pretty good education in the PPS district. I just wouldn't take the chance. You are correct, anyone that lives in the FC district would have to send their kids there unless they are going to pay for private school. There is no other choice. On the flip side, that is why people move here with children.

Regardless, we are both just giving opinions. The only difference I see between us is you attack myself and not the subject matter. I just stick to topics. I gave my opinion and that is enough on this thread for me.

Enjoy your day.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,586,628 times
On the Brink: Could Polish Hill be on a verge of an upswing? | News | Pittsburgh City Paper
Dates from 2007.
Anyway, Hip Priest bailed on Brighton Heights, and indeed, Pittsburgh, so he may not be the ideal spokesman.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
On the Brink: Could Polish Hill be on a verge of an upswing? | News | Pittsburgh City Paper
Dates from 2007.
Anyway, Hip Priest bailed on Brighton Heights, and indeed, Pittsburgh, so he may not be the ideal spokesman.
From the 2007 article:

"[Polish Hill] is one of the last real hopes for community and ... working towards a common goal -- a more self-reliant existence," he said. He is, in fact, concerned about what might happen to Polish Hill if it becomes a trendy place to live. "I want a diverse neighborhood. I'm really afraid of gentrification."

It's just six years later, and that prophesy has already more or less begun to rear its head.

On a side-note I had no idea Hip Priest already sold his Brighton Heights home. Didn't he JUST buy it? What a shame.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,038,833 times
Quote:
On a side-note I had no idea Hip Priest already sold his Brighton Heights home. Didn't he JUST buy it? What a shame.
He walked out of it and lost his hand money. Apparently in part because some people were teasing him over his belief he was moving to the "ghetto." You missed the meltdown thread apparently.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:51 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
He walked out of it and lost his hand money. Apparently in part because some people were teasing him over his belief he was moving to the "ghetto." You missed the meltdown thread apparently.
Yep, at first he was freaking out because he thought he'd bought in the suburbs, then he was freaking out because he thought he bought in a crime-ridden slum.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 AM

606 posts, read 944,462 times
Quote:
Start here if you want to read the whole saga: drug dealers on northside... why arent they arrested?

Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,533,270 times
Is State Rep. Jesse White behind Hip Priest?

Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,038,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yep, at first he was freaking out because he thought he'd bought in the suburbs, then he was freaking out because he thought he bought in a crime-ridden slum.
I almost wondered if he was a subtle troll (since he seemed to combine traits of Alleghenyangel and SCR, but to such an extreme point as to be parody), but he legitimately had posts on the Jacksonville forum and elsewhere, so I think he was a real person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh