Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:28 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,540,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclifton View Post
Yeah, but there's literally nothing like it on the air. No real agenda as far as topics...could be politics, could be entertainment, interviews, or any number of interesting discussion points. Today it's either sports, or politics (and always lowest common denominator knee jerk politics, no nuanced shades of grey discussion, and certainly NEVER a host admitting that they see the value in someone else's opposing viewpoint).

And no Gertrude pumpkin pie calls either!!

Doug Hoerth - Gertrude Wilsons Pumkin Pie Recipe - YouTube

One of the funniest hours I ever heard was when he interviewed Tom Poston and Tim Conway when they were in town doing The Odd Couple.I had to pull off the road I was laughing so hard. 2nd Place was the Alan King interview.

Sad what talk radio has become, mostly right wing Limbaugh wanna-bees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 06:39 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantz65 View Post
I listened to his show and enjoyed it, so I am disappointed. 104.7 also used to carry Michael Savage and I wasn't too happy when they didn't pick him back up. So I am pretty much done with 104.7. Yes I am a right winger, so what?

Looks like some of you are in agreement about Quinn, Marty Griffin, and Mark Madden. No surprise since they are controversial figures .Who/what do you guys like on local radio, if you do listen to it? The only local stations I listened to were 104.7, 93.7, and 105.9 and I can barely tolerate those. I enjoy Madden though. He has excellent hockey knowledge.
I don't really care for any of the locals. I did make a mistake however when I said I didn't really listen to Quinn. I guess I did, since 104.7 is almost always on in my vehicle. Quinn and Rose are a morning show though, and I'm on the phone / paying attention to the GPS / etc in the mornings. It was always just background noise.

I simply don't like Mark Madden because of his voice. He's got that "yinzer bark" speech pattern. I find it grating and obnoxious. As for Marty Griffin, I have such a deep-seated hatred for him that I won't patronize any form of KDKA (radio, internet, TV) until he's gone. He is pure scum.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:56 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Typical sour grapes from left-wing "banners" because their liberal buddies can't find an audience.

We're in upstate NY, and Quinn and Rose were a ratings hit here, too. Unfortunately, with Obama's FCC appointees ramming "localism" down everyone's throats (yup...when the "Fairness" Doctrine push died, they came up with something else) to drive popular sydicated programs from the air.

Wake up, sheeple.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:01 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,717,209 times
Top tier parody post.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Typical sour grapes from left-wing "banners" because their liberal buddies can't find an audience.

We're in upstate NY, and Quinn and Rose were a ratings hit here, too. Unfortunately, with Obama's FCC appointees ramming "localism" down everyone's throats (yup...when the "Fairness" Doctrine push died, they came up with something else) to drive popular sydicated programs from the air.

Wake up, sheeple.
Jim Quinn would become a flaming liberal if he thought it would keep him on the air.

I give him credit for lasting in a biz for over 40 years.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:17 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Jim Quinn would become a flaming liberal if he thought it would keep him on the air.

If you think that, you don't know Jim Quinn.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

If you think that, you don't know Jim Quinn.
I liked him when he was funny, now he's just po'ed every day.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:19 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,358,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I liked him when he was funny, now he's just po'ed every day.
You mean like back in his B-94 days when he did the fake news?

Oh, wait . . .

Old 12-17-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
You mean like back in his B-94 days when he did the fake news?

Oh, wait . . .
Actually, when he was came back from Buffalo and followed O'Brien and Gary, then Jack Bogut when they did the big AM-FM change over. Pretty funny with Banana Don as well. He just whines too much for me.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:49 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,963,947 times
He went off the deep end after the Liz Randolph sexual harassment verdict came in against him way back when and he lost the job at B-94. He needed a schtick, so he rode the conservative gravy train for a while. He was let go because, like any capitalistic corporation, the company can make more money without him. Pure and simple. Plus the audience for this type of programming is old, old, old and doesn't spend money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh