Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:21 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times

Advertisements

know who is giving me (us) info on Pittsburgh! Who are you? Would you mind giving me a little intro? I just want to see who is giving me all this very helpful info...Like how long you have lived there...Do you enjoy it? Have you lived anywhere else??

I will do the same...

My name is Danielle...I am 34. I am originally from Cincinnati. I have lived in New Jersey for a couple of years and from there, we moved to the lovely city of Detroit. All due to my husbands job... Before Jersey we lived in Grenada for a couple of years too....

I have 2 girls and we are planning to have more...not anytime soon though!

We are REALLY looking forward to our move to Pittburgh! I mean REALLY looking forward!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 05:08 PM

141 posts, read 721,629 times
I don't think I ever formally introduced myself, so here are my stats:
Female, age 30, married. Live in Ingram/Crafton area. Work in Oakland. Husband works in the restaurant business. No kids, yet.

He was born & raised in Greensburg, I was born & raised in the Phila suburbs. Went to college here, moved back to Phila (dragging Mr. kicking and screaming), then moved back here 4 yrs, for good! Am now one of Pgh's biggest fans!

Old 01-10-2008, 06:10 PM

511 posts, read 1,936,627 times
I'm Scott, I'm 37 and am engaged to be married this coming October. My Fiances name is Tiffany and she will be 30. She's lived in the area for 6 years and I've lived in the city for a year and a couple of months.

I've got lots of hobbies, two of the biggest being mountain biking and travelling, and like to combine the two as often as possible. We love to visit bed and breakfasts.

I'm often told that for the relatively short time that I've lived in the city that I know my way around pretty well and have gained good insight into what is where. Please let me know what else I can do to help.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Danielle, I'm originally from Cincinnati, too! Well, Blue Ash, but still.

I'm 31, single, live in Beechview, work in Oakland. I moved to Pittsburgh to go to grad school in 2000, and got a job and stayed.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:46 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
Oh good...I am happy to "meet" everyone...That makes me feel a little better about getting info from such a public board...there should be an intro thread somewhere...

Fleetiebelle...do you go back to Cincinnati for holidays or anything?? What a small world! Is Pittsburgh similar to Cincinnati?? I am so excited to move I just can't take it! LOL

Old 01-11-2008, 09:23 AM

675 posts, read 2,097,481 times
Hello, I'm Andy, 24 year old single male from Greensburg, PA. Moved to Denver, CO for 5 years for school, then moved to the Southside of Pittsburgh. I love it here!

Old 01-11-2008, 10:50 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,066,997 times
Hi there. I'm Gavan, I'm 22 years old and I currently attend Duquesnse University and actually live downtown. I'm in love with Pittsburgh and Duquesne. I'm getting my doctorate in Pharmacy.

I won't lie, I'm a very young and adventurous young man and I am being relocated to Seattle by the end of this year just for a new experience.

But you can bet I'll be back. I believe I'll miss Pittsburgh a great deal. I'm just hopping to the other coast for a few years.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:58 AM

107 posts, read 350,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallacus View Post
Hello, I'm Andy, 24 year old single male from Greensburg, PA. Moved to Denver, CO for 5 years for school, then moved to the Southside of Pittsburgh. I love it here!
Where did you go to school there?

Old 01-11-2008, 11:21 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
do you go back to Cincinnati for holidays or anything?? What a small world! Is Pittsburgh similar to Cincinnati??
I was back for Thanksgiving and for Christmas this year. One of the nice things is that it's an easy drive (4-4.5 hours, depending on how heavy your foot is.)

Pittsburgh is very similar to Cincinnati in size, age, landscape and the friendliness of the people. I actually think there's a lot more happening in Pittsburgh, and the city neighborhoods are much more vibrant. The one big difference is political--Cincy is a lot more conservative/Republican, and Pittsburgh is liberal/Democratic.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 AM

675 posts, read 2,097,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnedYinzer View Post
Where did you go to school there?
I went to CU Boulder (so not actually Denver, but most people wouldn't really know the difference).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh